Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? You mean the E-tron is not gonna come and kill Tesla? You don't say...
LOL!
The E-tron model S killer has been "to be released soon" for many years. I lost count how many times the release of that has been postponed until finally got replaced by a Model X killer e-tron, but looks like the game of postpone continues. But the bears were so sure the market will be flooded with the tesla killers...

News from Brussels , Audi in troubled water . Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Audi postpones electric SUV launch in wake of CEO arrest

From this article:

Last month Audi said it planned to sell 800,000 pure electric and hybrid cars by 2025.

800k cars including both BEV and hybrids. By 2025. Wow. That's such an ambitious goal there, Audi. Way to be ahead of the curve.

This is the competition which is supposedly going to destroy Tesla when they "get serious" or whatever the bears claim.

From this article:

800k cars including both BEV and hybrids. By 2025. Wow. That's such an ambitious goal there, Audi. Way to be ahead of the curve.

This is the competition which is supposedly going to destroy Tesla when they "get serious" or whatever the bears claim.

vs Tesla which plans to sell more than 800k all electric cars IN 2025. (possibly 2022 once Y gets going)

Or 800k by 2020..

LOL!
The E-tron model S killer has been "to be released soon" for many years. I lost count how many times the release of that has been postponed until finally got replaced by a Model X killer e-tron, but looks like the game of postpone continues. But the bears were so sure the market will be flooded with the tesla killers...

The art of the delay, get your CEO arrested.

WOW, that is GOOD news! I didn't think they were doing Florida installations yet. I am just south of you, and I have 2 Powerwalls on order. Florida is a HUGE opportunity for Tesla Energy. Many of my neighbors have whole-house generators for the hurricane related outages, and I have an Outback solar backup that I cobbled together about 10 years ago, which the Powerwalls will replace.

Looonnnng wait from PW1 launch event where I put in the order the “first”time. Put down the deposit the nite of PW2 announcement. Can’t wait to have it installed, just in time for H season and hoping I wont need it for a storm!

Cheers!

And here is the other shoe:
Daimler Electric Car Rollout Might Be Delayed Until 2019

"The company, which also makes Mercedes-Benz vehicles, announced it won't be until 2019 before it's able to make the EQC SUV line commercially available. Assessing the economics of creating the line as well as modifying factories to build the model are to blame for the delay, even though a Daimler executive declared on Monday that things were going as planned to put the vehicle on the market this year."

News from Brussels , Audi in troubled water . Subscribe to read | Financial Times

This is incredible. I cannot imagine that they have to cancel that important release without even setting a new one with claim of organizational challenges. That does sound something did go severely wrong! It looks like they indicate this has to do with the new CEO which does not make a lot of sense to me.

"Audi, Volkswagen’s most profitable unit, said late on Monday that the Audi Summit, set for August 30 in Brussels where the e-tron will be built, has been cancelled. Instead, the summit will take place at an undetermined time and location in the United States.

(...)

Hours before Audi’s notice, Mercedes issued a press release saying it would officially launch its new all-electric brand, EQ, on September 4. Its first vehicle will be the EQC, a SUV to rival the Audi e-tron. (...)

Mr Stadler acknowledged that Tesla, despite its production problems, has captured the imagination of a new generation of drivers, robbing German carmakers of their reputation for having an innovative edge.

“First of all we have to be honest: Tesla knocked on the door and shook up the industry,” he said. “It was a wake-up call.

Mr Stadler made it clear that he saw BMW and Mercedes as the competition, rather than Tesla. In part because of Tesla’s low production volumes, but more so because the US electric carmaker has not made an annual profit since it was founded in 2003. (...)"

"The company, which also makes Mercedes-Benz vehicles, announced it won't be until 2019 before it's able to make the EQC SUV line commercially available. Assessing the economics of creating the line as well as modifying factories to build the model are to blame for the delay, even though a Daimler executive declared on Monday that things were going as planned to put the vehicle on the market this year."

So everyone at Daimler thinks Mercedes can just randomly pump out EVs with the current robotics they have now? And finally after all these years of R&D they came to realize TODAY that it couldn’t be done?

ummm a little hint to Mercedes fan boys, guess what? The laws of manufacturing unfortunately applies to even Daimler.

They keep arresting random guys that just happened to be there... :D
You know these reckless interns at engineering who came up with the idea of cheating on emissions got all the senior engineers and upper management into so much trouble, when they didn't even know this was going on! Such a shame!

I think the crooks at Mercedes and Audi are lying to shareholders about EVs. Daimler stocks has fallen 11% the past month due to more lies in dieselgate.

You can watch the July Bump starting to materialize over here. They add a new day to the end of the list every day:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - Deliveries

July%20Bump_zpsj6lryhnz.jpg

If you guys don't mind me quoting my earlier post, I just realized how badly Daimler must wish they had a tent...

Status
Not open for further replies.