Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see at the bottom a date signed as 7-1-18.

Congratulations to all who contributed! Quite a milestone in the face of fear, uncertainty, and doubt.
Quite a milestone indeed. There were many who hate seeing this?! Not me. I love it! EM and Tesla have a long uphill battle with big oil.
We have installed solar panels, bought stock, and ordered an M3. I believe in this company and its goal. Congratulations to all who put this together. By the way, don't I get a 'T' shirt for all of this investment? Is there a site that sells 'T' shirts etc? I would be happy to be a walking billboard for this company!!! Happy safe 4th to all.

There is strong evidence that your Canadian numbers are WAY off -- as in, they've delivered well over 3000 cars to Canada (maybe even 5000 or more). So your expected accuracy is very low on that. We know of 200 cars/day being delivered to Toronto for 2 weeks; reports of over 800 arriving in Vancouver over one week; and so on. (No reports from Montreal or Calgary. But there were reports from Toronto and Vancouver that "regular" service center deliveries continued and these mass deliveries were in addition to those)

The US deliveries may be much lower, due to Canadian redirection and stockpiling.

There is no way in hell they ran over 200K by a mere 15K, with the known drop in US deliveries, the mass shipments to Canada, documentation of stockpiling, and so forth. I would bet you on that.
Just want to point out the white elephant in the room: something went seriously wrong with the crowd sourced VIN data, many of us know what I mean so I don't want to harp on the details. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know if anyone wants to talk about it any more, but I think there is a lesson to be learned.

Imagine being this clueless about something in any other field and doling out advice like you know what the hell you're talking about. It's a sad state of affairs. The older I get the more I realize it's probably the rule, not the exception, that someone is totally full of shite.

Have you met...
Jim “Distributed Solar” Chanos?

Yes I will keep linking that video. It’s just too too perfect.
Someone JUST ONCE needs to call him out on it. Ideally while poking him in the chest and saying “You STILL don’t get it!”

Please watch it all. “Dell Model: Goood. Tesla (who BTW employs the Dell Model): Naaaughty.”

Holistic West Coast Synergies are incomprehensible to Wall Street.
ROFLMAO!

Reactions: Big Earl
Quite a milestone indeed. There were many who hate seeing this?! Not me. I love it! EM and Tesla have a long uphill battle with big oil.
We have installed solar panels, bought stock, and ordered an M3. I believe in this company and its goal. Congratulations to all who put this together. By the way, don't I get a 'T' shirt for all of this investment? Is there a site that sells 'T' shirts etc? I would be happy to be a walking billboard for this company!!! Happy safe 4th to all.

Yes, there is plenty of Tesla clothing. Go crazy!
The Official Tesla Shop | Tesla

Looks like they hit 5k/week.

Marsalis C on Twitter

DhBYNkyU8AE_Uz-.jpg
The link doesn’t work anymore, the tweet was probably removed.

Some day they will teach it in journalism school how you can write a super negative article about super positive news. This Reuters piece will be curriculum.
Agree. This particular paragraph caught my attention as to how to write an article that perfectly balances both sides of the narrative:

“Money-losing Tesla has been burning through cash to produce the Model 3, and delays have also potentially compromised Tesla’s first-to-market position for a mid-priced, long-range battery electric car as a host of competitors prepare to launch rival vehicles.”

Status
Not open for further replies.