Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there was a meeting with big investors at the Fremont factory yesterday,
writeup via reddit here. Main takeaways:

• running at 5000 week
  • Q3 5000, Q4 7000, mid 2019 10,000/week
  • Nothing new on FSD
  • China GF funded like other projects before
    (thus ruling out something like a surprise investment like from Tencent IMHO)
  • Re-confirmed no equity or debt raise this year
Solid but would have hoped for some positive news on FSD and China GF funding.

(Sorry if posted before, didn´t have the time to catch up)

Reactions: Drax7
lol. I felt like she was trying to insinuate that Elon was hiding something by not it rectangular. What a joke of a segment! Hope most could tell the deceit filling the CNBC halftime show!!!
What I found hillarious was the disclaimer that rolled at the end. Sort of like, "we know this woman is off her rocker and we by no means want to be associated with her." Too funny.

Dan

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: neroden and Thumper
Looks like there was a meeting with big investors at the Fremont factory yesterday,

• running at 5000 week
  • Nothing new on FSD

This confirmation is huge, and negates the burst production narrative that anal-yst were
Pedaling .

lol. I felt like she was trying to insinuate that Elon was hiding something by not it rectangular. What a joke of a segment! Hope most could tell the deceit filling the CNBC halftime show!!!
Finally got the out-and-out denial that *she* personally compensated Tripp. But I don’t believe it, yet.

She also talked about the straight/rectangle at the GF then switched mid-sentence to “cars”, trying to imply the “problem” was related to cars instead of batteries from the GF. My FUD antenna may be overactive or overly sensitive for certain writers/publications, but that’s how I see it.

I still believe that she’s being paid to write articles filled with half truths, misdirections, and outright lies with the primary goal to discredit Tesla. There’s never any balance in any of her stories.

• running at 5000 week
  • Nothing new on FSD

I think it has been speculated on before, but does only using GA3 and 4 free up GA2 to be totally redesigned? I suspect general assembly isn't the main bottleneck to 10k per week, but that would be clever if Tesla could take what they learned from 3 and 4 to rework 2 into something even more efficient.

Reactions: neroden

• running at 5000 week
  • Nothing new on FSD

Interesting, thanks. So 10,000/wk was supposed to happen this year....they really really f'ed up this model 3 manufacturing ramp up. I'm speechless on how they did this with all the engineering talent at the company....

Interesting, thanks. So 10,000/wk was supposed to happen this year....they really really f'ed up this model 3 manufacturing ramp up. I'm speechless on how they did this with all the engineering talent at the company....
No kidding.

That major brain trust they've got and instead of ramping up to full 500K/yr production an aggressive two years ahead of schedule, it's going to be a measly 18 months.

Lame.

I guess that the mass production of electric vehicles in this scale, for the first time in history, is not as easy as it seems from the comfort of your couch. I'm astounded. I guess they should learn some lessons from Bolt production that is going so well.

You guys need to stop
Where did you get that? Or is this sarcasm?

Dan
Here ya go:

Tesla Model 3: Elon Musk has ‘zero doubt’ about 10,000 units per week in 2018, corrects reservation tally

“What people should absolutely have zero concern about, and I mean 0, is that Tesla will achieve a 10,000 unit production week by the end of next year. […] I think people should really not have any concerns that we won’t reach that outcome from a production rate.”

Stop being blind to the timelines everyone. Just don't be a fanboy over it. I'm a super long, but come on.....

Reactions: neroden and tinm
Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.