Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uggg, you're going to make me transcribe the locked pdf?

Yeah, no. You conveniently left out the part of the discussion where Uber tried to make this argument and got a smackdown from the DMV.

I invested a boatload of money into Tesla. As an investor sometimes you need to take off the rose tinted glasses and be realistic. Too often in this thread people blindly try to rationalize Tesla's problems. And I don't mean you personally, I have seen everybody's reply to this story here.

If anybody else wants to follow this discussion and read about the whole picture feel free to drop by this thread, I will not challenge this here anymore.

Uber maintained that it didn’t need a permit to test its vehicles as they are not truly autonomous cars but simply cars with Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS), which do not require a permit to drive in California. The California DMV countered that the vehicles were, in fact, autonomous under DMV standards, and the department ended up revoking registrations for Uber’s autonomous cars. Uber announced that it would stop its pilot program in San Francisco and take the program to Arizona.

That´s nice compared to the other EVs- but less than 500/week on average.
I've stated before Tesla does not provide monthly reports, only quarterly. Don't read too much into InsideEVs numbers. They are on record as stating "Tesla does not give out exact monthly sales (apparently because the public can’t handle the concept of regional allocations and delivery lead times)… so we never know for sure what the monthly numbers total up to until Tesla’s quarterly (or annual) updates add more clarity, but we do our best to keep our finger on the pulse of what is happening." And check their past results, they are ALWAYS low balling the numbers ever since MS came out. Their January and February #s will be low and in March they will play catch up and bump the March #s up considerably to reflect actual for the full quarter period. Also note Tesla as the only auto manuf. without a dealer network and only includes #s that are delivered to customers, (not delivered to a dealer parking lot), which is even more impressive.

Of note on the InsideEVs's Jan. '18 report is the BOLT has gone from 3227 in Dec. '17 to 1,177 in Jan '18, dropping by almost 2/3rds. Come on competition! Gidyup!

The stakes have been raised and the future is here!

Do you have a reference for the bolded part? I don't recall Elon ever saying that it would be released not long after the demo.

I am sure I could find it... if I had a few extra hours..haha. Its the best of my recollection that Elon stated that after the demo the update would follow soon after and it makes sense that to demo something like this, it would have to be more production quality then alpha.

Edit: I believe it was at the same time it was announced which was the last share holders meeting?

Last edited:
Boom! Shove it down the throats of the shorts, Model 3 January sales above the Chevy Bolt sales for January. 1875 for Model 3, vs 1177 for Bolt.
January 2018 Plug-In Electric Vehicle Sales Report Card

You didn't read insideevs analysis.

Chevrolet Bolt Sales Up Year-Over-Year For January, Volt Sales Are Another Story

After rolling out the Bolt nationwide vs California/Oregon only sales in January 2017 Bolt sales are up an impressive 1.3% YoY.

GM also sold 1890 plug-in electric vehicles for January 2018 to start the year on a positive note. :rolleyes:

BTW I think an estimate of 1875 for Model 3 is extremely conservative. But we will never know because Tesla will only release the entire Q1 number.

Of note on the InsideEVs's Jan. '18 report is the BOLT has gone from 3227 in Dec. '17 to 1,177 in Jan '18, dropping by almost 2/3rds. Come on competition! Gidyup!

The stakes have been raised and the future is here!

And this is considering that GM is trying to GIVE Bolts away. I could have swung $6000 off MSRP last year for one but it'd waste parking space I need for the dual motor Model 3.

Man you guys are "see the glass half full " types. According to the article Solar City had already tried this approach, without success. Plus the rationale for bailing SC out was the cross selling in Tesla stores. Not hearing too much buzz about how great that plan has worked out over a year after the "merger".

Status
Not open for further replies.