Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nada. Zip. Zilch. While the fans will talk about CA public roads, this is a failure. Labs are insufficient for true FSD. Time to sharpen the knives.

All this means is they didn't drive autonomous in California. No relevance to driving other places with less reporting requirements.

addendum:
We supplement this with data collected from testing of our engineering fleet in non-autonomous mode, and from autonomous testing that is done in other settings, including on public roads in various other locations around the world.

No, you live in fantasyland;). Last I checked, Chicago is not in California.
Why would Tesla test in a location that requires them to revel how the testing is going, when they can develop elsewhere?

Because they've done that before (see 2016) and they only release new features in CA? You're the one in fantasyland with your statements that they are testing elsewhere but NO EVIDENCE (just hopes and prayers).

Come back with proof otherwise Tesla is doing nothing but twiddling their thumbs saving up for litigation expenses.

Reactions: boonedocks
As described above, Tesla analyzes data from billions of miles of driving received from our customer fleet via over-the-air (“OTA”) transmissions. We supplement this with data collected from testing of our engineering fleet in non-autonomous mode, and from autonomous testing that is done in other settings, including on public roads in various other locations around the world. Through all of this data, 2 we are able to develop our self-driving system more efficiently than only by accumulating data from a limited number of autonomous vehicles tested in limited locations.

It clearly states they are taking a different approach and they are testing it in a different state.

There is no real smoking gun for the haters on this one.

Because they've done that before (see 2016) and they only release new features in CA? You're the one in fantasyland with your statements that they are testing elsewhere but NO EVIDENCE (just hopes and prayers).

Come back with proof otherwise Tesla is doing nothing but twiddling their thumbs saving up for litigation expenses.
:confused:

My original statement didn't say they were testing anywhere. Just that the document only covered the autonomous testing in CA case and had no bearing on testing in general. I have no reason to think that there is no testing occurring, do you have proof they aren't testing?

I realize I'm not a rocket scientist, but accomplish or test a cross country trip, wouldn't it have to start in CA and therefor require some form of autonomous miles in CA?

Good point. As @verygreen mentioned, it does not include December. Since the report is annual, Tesla now has a 12 month window to get it working before revealing the number of failed attempts.

Also possible they are running sections or east to west. Could avoid CA until everything in less report centric states is working.

Reactions: daud
Ok, anyone who claims they were suddenly driving a bunch or any autonomous miles in December suddenly when they haven't been doing crap all year, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you in Brooklyn. Don't get me wrong, I never doubt @verygreen, but on this one I doubt him :rolleyes:
Remember how they did nothing until an uptick for a few days filming that "FSD" video? Same deal.

All this means is they didn't drive autonomous in California. No relevance to driving other places with less reporting requirements.

addendum:

No, you live in fantasyland;). Last I checked, Chicago is not in California.
Why would Tesla test in a location that requires them to revel how the testing is going, when they can develop elsewhere?

Makes perfect sense. they didn't drive autonomously in California where their HQ, R&D and all their engineers are.

lol how naive are you people?

• Funny
Reactions: Matias and lunitiks
It clearly states they are taking a different approach and they are testing it in a different state.

There is no real smoking gun for the haters on this one.
Its not a different approach this is typical elon bs lie and the gullible lap it up

duaUIeY.png

Makes perfect sense. they didn't drive autonomously in California where their HQ, R&D and all their engineers are.

lol how naive are you people?

How does being geographically colocated with HQ and R&D help? The vehicles are connected wirelessly. Engineers will be in the test and support vehicles. Not seeing the advantage.

@verygreen , could they do west to east sectional trial runs?