Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon makes a plan for everything and if he wants to get to his compensation he has to change.

I disagree. Elon’s methods have been shown to be incredibly effective across multiple companies.

There is a great TED talk on the advantages of impossible deadlines. People aren’t inspired to make a difference in global warming or to get to Mars in 20 years. Set a goal for 5-6 years and they become incredibly inspired. Yes they may miss and hit 8 years, but they would still be 12 years ahead of schedule!

His companies only achieve the impossible because Elon expects the impossible.

I know it is tough on investors, customers and employees, but the productivity of his companies outweigh all of that.

How could anyone possibly know? They can think they know if that kind of info makes you feel better.

Dude. People react to information. I am assuming someone here might have heard something online or has their own theory as to why the price wen't down today.

I personally have not been able to gather any info, or formulate why there was a drop. Someone might here might have their own theory to my question, hence why I asked. I came here for information/education of the market with respect to TSLA.

Sub, my question for you is, if no one has any theories or any information to share with others on TSLA performance, then why are you even in this section of the forum? And how does your response give anyone else value to even want to continue coming to this section?

Hank

Dude. People react to information. I am assuming someone here might have heard something online or has their own theory as to why the price wen't down today.

I personally have not been able to gather any info, or formulate why there was a drop. Someone might here might have their own theory to my question, hence why I asked. I came here for information/education of the market with respect to TSLA.

You might consider reading the posts in this and the Market Action thread from earlier today, where many folks' thoughts on the cause have already been discussed.

Moderator -
Be nice, and that includes being courteous, to a new member.

Not all take kindly or understandably to snide remarks that long-timers instantly recognize as being at least moderately tongue-in-cheek.

And: Welcome, rocketlow49. As long as you're not a short-seller or a devious distributor of dastardly misinformation, this can be an interesting and productive site to hang out. And, sometimes, even a pleasant one.

Sub, my question for you is, if no one has any theories or any information to share with others on TSLA performance, then why are you even in this section of the forum? And how does your response give anyone else value to even want to continue coming to this section?

Hank

The interesting news tidbits of the day were disseminated previously. (China, rehash of steering recall). Nothing new had come out chronologically aligned with the droop, thus "because it's TSLA".
Could be due to general market fears of what China will announce tonight.

Hank

Hank, I too often come here to TMC to check if there is a reason for a large price movement.

Usually there is no particular reason or a "low information" reason (nonsense being pumped out and traded on... some market participants believing the nonsense, some anticipating price movement on what they know is nonsense, and all but certainly, some trying to give the nonsense extra FUD power by trying to create the impression the market takes the nonsense as real and does not like it) and/or just a bit of human psychology (i.e., a stock running up 25% over 5 trading days can surely experience some "profit taking").

Sometimes something of a material nature is related to the move.

It is unlikely that this move today was tied to anything materially impacting long-term fundamentals.

It seems like paid troll activity is really ramping. I seem to see signs lately on this forum, Electrek, Clean Technica, Green Car Reports and Reddit. I assume they mainly stem from the fossil fuel industry.

Their disinformation campaign with respect to climate change was so effective they’ve made people doubt science. Think about that for a second. With a few million dollars, they’ve managed to sow doubt about science itself!

I am getting more and more concerned over how much damage they can do to Tesla’s reputation.

My fear as an investor, is these unrelenting, non-stop attacks may pay off and really start to dent demand.

Reactions: Off Shore
The interesting news tidbits of the day were disseminated previously. (China, rehash of steering recall). Nothing new had come out chronologically aligned with the droop, thus "because it's TSLA".
Could be due to general market fears of what China will announce tonight.

Thanks Mongo. I had a feeling it might be because of China/USA trade discussions.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
If people take a look at Boeing's chart today, it actually closely matches the pattern of Tesla's. I assume today's drop is due to what is about to be announced tonight by China, since they are both known to suffer the most if China does not back down from the "trade war".

• Informative
Reactions: zmarty
Status
Not open for further replies.