Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Xi xi pings speech was basically the most pro Tesla as it could have been. Really positive and inline with what I think Elon was complaining about on Twitter and Trump commented on shortly after. You can't under estimate how brilliant the timing of elon's Twitter storm was. It's almost like Elon knew what Trump would do or was planning and played the situation like a fiddle. He really shaped the argument where the result had to satisfy the Tesla situation to be a success for Trump and Xi.

It's like the Dez Bryant catch. The rules had to be changed so that whatever the new rule was going to be, it had to make sure a catch like Dez's was ruled good. It had to account for a superior athletic catch like Dez and a few others are capable of. Xi and Trump had to come to a solution that meet Tesla's needs because Elon laid it out in the most public and concise way and for success it was unavoidable. I said it when Elon tweeted that it was brilliant and I now believe it even more today.

That's why I love Twitter, it's a really powerful tool for communication in a way that no other social tool is and Elon is masterful in how he uses it.

SHORT SQUEEZE ALERT

Confirmation of Chinese lowering tariffs on imports. Tesla potentially the first outside automaker in the world to own it's own factory in China???

Yes, I am trying to jinx it. Because I'm always wrong, so if i jinx the jinx when I'm already a jinx, I'll be right.
To quote Vinnie Barberini "I'm so confused."

He's so short you can hardly see him...

Doug Kass explains on thestreet.com why he's shorting Tesla again today. It's reads like "I'm stupid; yes really stupid! You think that I'm stupid today? Let me illustrate how I've always been stupid!"

What a maroon!
He wrote that he covered his short recently for a profit. I’d like to see some trading records to prove that. I call BS considering how long he has been short.

Xi xi pings speech was basically the most pro Tesla as it could have been. Really positive and inline with what I think Elon was complaining about on Twitter and Trump commented on shortly after. You can't under estimate how brilliant the timing of elon's Twitter storm was. It's almost like Elon knew what Trump would do or was planning and played the situation like a fiddle. He really shaped the argument where the result had to satisfy the Tesla situation to be a success for Trump and Xi.

It's like the Dez Bryant catch. The rules had to be changed so that whatever the new rule was going to be, it had to make sure a catch like Dez's was ruled good. It had to account for a superior athletic catch like Dez and a few others are capable of. Xi and Trump had to come to a solution that meet Tesla's needs because Elon laid it out in the most public and concise way and for success it was unavoidable. I said it when Elon tweeted that it was brilliant and I now believe it even more today.

That's why I love Twitter, it's a really powerful tool for communication in a way that no other social tool is and Elon is masterful in how he uses it.
The Master of multidimensional chess strikes again.

Yep. China is often all hat no cattle. Will help stocks in the short term regardless at least.

China is trying to pose as the responsible agent in these public negotiations. Trump appears to blow up globalism, while Xi at least pretends to support capitalism's global benefits. Look how appealing his words seem to us! (Larry Kudlow's too.) Imagine their greater appeal to other countries.

One could imagine Xi saying something redolent of Mao: "Great leaders, like bulls, stamp their feet destroying the field, while the truly great, like farmers, cleverly plant seeds anticipating the next harvest."

Paradoxically, it's all a commie plot to make some of us on the side of history, rich, while scaring the bejesus out of farmers. Trump may not make America great, but he's sure up against a guy with a five year plan to make China great. I wish them both well, but there's a saying among twelve step groups, "be careful what you wish for."

Pray for the welfare of others. When wishing well for those who've crossed you becomes boring, drop them with relief. Praying for the welfare of others is not for them, but for ourselves. At least once a day we get outside of ourselves, at least temporarily, and perhaps eventually achieve peace of mind.

Ask yourself, who seems to have peace of mind? Cherish them and hope for the best. An advice. Musk doesn't have peace of mind because he is in a hurry to do good. He will slow down eventually and for his own good, and ours, I hope he does so soon enough. The old have more patience yet their time is short; the young with more time are in a rush.

But back to investing. Guilt, or guilt-mongering, don't pay; patience does.

Last edited:
He wrote that he covered his short recently for a profit. I’d like to see some trading records to prove that. I call BS considering how long he has been short.

Doug Kass said he covered with a profit, then he started shorting again around $286. First of all, I am with you I don't believe he made a profit. More importantly, all the dumb shorts are shorting, it's a good sign for us.

I ignore whatever Doug Kass says. I can comfortably go against him on most of his trades, especially on Tesla.

Remember he shorted BRK.B at $100 and was invited to BRK's shareholder meeting, on stage, to explain why BRK is a short? It's so embarrassing for him. I said to my kids "all his reasonings are wrong"... right at that moment Charlie Munger said "His (short) arguments are so weak, even I can come up with something better." Later he wrote to his followers that it was his career high point! Then BRK.B slowly rise to $200.

Some people don't understand anything about investment, don't know anything about the importance of charts, but they are in the hedge fund business. It's so weird.

20180317_WBC109.png

Reactions: Reciprocity
Im 100% sure reservation holders, tax credit seekers, fudsters, shorts, longs, the traditional autos makers, Tesla employees with options (everyone of them) and investors care. Pretty much everyone cares.

Edit: oh forgot a couple. Mother nature and people who like to breath and people who burn easily in the sun.

So pretty much everyone in the world cares except EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt. Irony meter at 11.

So pretty much everyone in the world cares except EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt. Irony meter at 11.
You put to much weight into what governments can control, which is very little. At the end of the day if consumers demand clean and green, companies will provide it. If consumers don't care, there is little the EPA can do to stop a company from polluting or moving operations where it's legal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.