Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many people take long road trips in their Porsche? (Maybe in the Cayenne, but not any other.) I’m sure they’re not used to the idea of people doing anything more than day trips in a Porsche.
It's supposed to be a grand touring car along the lines of the Model S. If it were a 2 door sports cars I could see that point but it's basically an EV version of the Panamera.

• Helpful
Reactions: DurandalAI

In one of Kolodny's several Twitter threads regarding this subject today, I posted a link to Tesla's rebuttal blog without adding comments of my own.

Link to Tesla's rebuttal blog: A Not So Revealing Story

In response, Kolodny has blocked me from reading or replying to her tweets.

In one of Kolodny's several Twitter threads regarding this subject today, I posted a link to Tesla's rebuttal blog without adding comments of my own.

Link to Tesla's rebuttal blog: A Not So Revealing Story

In response, Kolodny has blocked me from reading or replying to her tweets.
That sounds professional.

This proves that traditional manufacturers still don't understand how important fast charging really is.
So as far as General Motors is concerned if you sell the Volt or Bolt GM ships out a level 2 charger as required equipment and charges it to your open tool account. That does imply that the dealer will actually install the charger........(we have a level 2 / dc fast charger sitting in the shipping box for over a year now with no intention to install it any time soon. I can see where the Porsche/ VW crowd would sit in the same boat). Our one old level 2 charger is not in a place that is available after business hours and not readily available to customers...........

Welcome to the club! I wish I had said something to her before being blocked Lol

Then I must be in fine company. :)

Below is my tweeted reply to Kolodny, which was merely a link to the Tesla rebuttal blog with no added comment from me. Nevertheless, Kolodny immediately blocked me from reading or replying to her tweets.

upload_2018-4-16_16-5-43.png

Oohhh.. Sick Burn. What does Correlation and Causation mean anyway. Its gotta be something pretty bad.

That just because Curt got banned immediately after post the Tesla link, he wasn't necessarily banned FOR posting the Tesla link...
And just because a bunch of people posted the Tesla link after Curt got banned, doesn't mean that they posted this link because Curt was banned.

Correlation : two things happening in temporal or physical proximity
Causation: one thing happening directly due to the other

That just because Curt got banned immediately after post the Tesla link, he wasn't necessarily banned FOR posting the Tesla link...
And just because a bunch of people posted the Tesla link after Curt got banned, doesn't mean that they posted this link because Curt was banned.

Correlation : two things happening in temporal or physical proximity
Causation: one thing happening directly due to the other
Quantum entanglement: the events are linked by a spooky connection.

hmm... so Lora is saying that Curt, of all people, was banned today for having sent her a "nastygram" in the past ("awhile back" in her exact words... leading to action today after Curt simply shared the Tesla blog with her via twitter???). obviously, I'm not in a position to know that Lora's asserted reason for the ban is false, but, having read Curt's posts for over 5 years, this sounds about as improbable as things get.

Last edited:
hmm... so Lora is saying that Curt, of all people, was banned today for having sent her a "nastygram" in the past. obviously, I'm not in a position to know that Lora's asserted reason for the ban is false, but, having read Curt's posts for over 5 years, this sounds about as improbable as things get.
Maybe he implied that she isn’t the best reporter in the world?

• Funny
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Lora K's FUDticle seems to have done its job of diverting attention from increasing signs that the ramp continues.

A couple data points from the spreadsheet:

Reported weekly VINs in the last 12 weeks
Week Reported VINs
28 Jan - 03 Feb 2018 46
04 Feb - 10 Feb 2018 34
11 Feb - 17 Feb 2018 31
18 Feb - 24 Feb 2018 11
25 Feb - 03 Mar 2018 22
04 Mar - 10 Mar 2018 102
11 Mar - 17 Mar 2018 89
18 Mar - 24 Mar 2018 99
25 Mar - 31 Mar 2018 119
01 Apr - 07 Apr 2018 164
08 Apr - 14 Apr 2018 209

15 Apr - 21 Apr 2018 46

Reported monthly invites in the last 6 months
Month Reported invites
Nov 2017 82
Dec 2017 169
Jan 2018 344
Feb 2018 650
Mar 2018 713
Apr 2018 669 (1254/month rate)

Sample rate for VINs in Q1 was .0677, which translates to a production rate of 3087/month over the past week (209/.0677). Even assuming the sample rate has increased since Q1 due to higher participation the trend over the past few weeks looks very promising and together with other information suggests to me that production is now well above 2000/wk. Hopefully we get an update during the ER in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.