Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Tesla produced:
Model 3: 680
Model S: 150
Model X: 170
On Jul 25 per Skabooshka.

That’s 7000 cars per week.
4750 Model 3/wk.

And increasing quite a bit each day. Good sign.
skabooshka on Twitter
a number which, at least to me, bears repeating
Model 3: 680 x 75kW = 51,000,000 watts
Model S: 150 x ~85kW battery = 12.750,000 watts
Model X: 170 x ~100 kW battery = 17,000,000 watts
=80,300,000 watts or 80 megawatts in _just_ one_ day_:)_
(yes i know i'm confusing/conflating kW and kWh just a bit)

• Informative
Reactions: ABCTG
a number which, at least to me, bears repeating
Model 3: 680 x 75kW = 51,000,000 watts
Model S: 150 x ~85kW battery = 12.750,000 watts
Model X: 170 x ~100 kW battery = 17,000,000 watts
=80,300,000 watts or 80 megawatts in _just_ one_ day_:)_
(yes i know i'm confusing/conflating kW and kWh just a bit)
So your saying the big Tesla killers will have no trouble replication or blowing those numbers out of the water:rolleyes::D

So your saying the big Tesla killers will have no trouble replication or blowing those numbers out of the water:rolleyes::D
yes. all they need to do it get _millions_ of batteries and then.........
(backordered!!! what do you mean my order of billions of Li batteries are backordered!!) :( when? 2024 and later.....:(

What's more amazing to me is that Facebook was ever anywhere near 2x the market cap of Tesla.
Well, it's got this whole "everyone else is on Facebook so you have to be on Facebook too" thing going on -- natural monopoly. Like Baidu. Like the phone company used to be. That said, everyone hates Facebook enough that when a Facebook-killer appears and gets traction, it *will actually kill Facebook*. LinkedIn actually could probably do it if they tried, since "everyone else is on LinkedIn so you have to be on LinkedIn too".

From the video, the carriers are full and, apparently, waiting to go into the parking lot. Would suggest dropping off(otherwise they'd be empty).
This is probably the rumored "local delivery lot" which someone mentioned, used for California deliveries (as opposed to Lathrop for long-distance truck deliveries or Richmond for train deliveries)

• Disagree
Reactions: Cohiba
Well, it's got this whole "everyone else is on Facebook so you have to be on Facebook too" thing going on -- natural monopoly. Like Baidu. Like the phone company used to be. That said, everyone hates Facebook enough that when a Facebook-killer appears and gets traction, it *will actually kill Facebook*. LinkedIn actually could probably do it if they tried, since "everyone else is on LinkedIn so you have to be on LinkedIn too".

You forgot Grinder.

Pardon my repeating it from the recent Motor Trend 1 hr drive mini-review of Model 3 P, but these words just made my day and reinforce my belief that Model 3 is going to be the game changer that Tesla envisioned:

"In maybe 120 wheel revolutions, a high-performance hierarchy has been rattled. The European marques perennially atop the sport sedan podium are about to have trapdoors release beneath them. Although nothing has fundamentally changed with the car's steering or suspension (besides an imperceptible but CG-lowering 5-10mm drop in ride height), the dual motor and all-wheel drive give the compact Tesla a tensed, hair-trigger potency for leaping ahead or around whatever's in the way. It's pure jungle cat."

Last edited:
There's twitter chatter that the iPace is getting delayed, something about parts etc. However couple of days back I think I saw on this thread that the Ipace was over hyped and under performed [in laymans english] (can't find the link though ...) based on some German assessment??
Wonder if what was provided here is the actual reason why the iPace is getting delayed ???

iPace production volume is super low, trolls shoud not be asking the wsj writer to defend his review of m3. A smart way for him is to reply to these short seller by putting out a statement that reviews should be made accordingly to production volume so it will make the largest impact to consumer buying decision. Image if an automaker is aiming for 10k units a year vs another that is 500k units. The review for the 10k unit could be done 20 years or months later, or 20x shorter in length and time writting or spent on reviewing, or just drop from even reviewing it. :p

How to understand Tesla’s valuation in three steps:

1. Go drive a $50k Audi A4/ BMW 4-Series/ Mercedes C-class/ Lexus IS/ etc. for at least an hour

2. Go drive a Model 3 for an hour

3. Do the math on what happens if the model 3 hits this class like the Model S has hit the large luxury class

Seriously, if you haven’t done #1 and #2 you really are not informed about Tesla’s near term future

How to understand Tesla’s valuation in three steps:

1. Go drive a $50k Audi A4/ BMW 4-Series/ Mercedes C-class/ Lexus IS/ etc. for at least an hour

2. Go drive a Model 3 for an hour

3. Do the math on what happens if the model 3 hits this class like the Model S has hit the large luxury class

Seriously, if you haven’t done #1 and #2 you really are not informed about Tesla’s near term future

I have friends who love those Audis and BMWs and their response is always "But the Model 3 interior is worse than a $20k car" and that's when I give up because you either like that Tesla spare Scandinavian IKEA interior or you don't.

People try to tell me that my S 90D has the worst interior of any luxury car they have ever sat in and I don't really know what to say in response because it's definitely the opposite of a Mercedes S-class or some other European luxoboat in that price range.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
There's twitter chatter that the iPace is getting delayed, something about parts etc. However couple of days back I think I saw on this thread that the Ipace was over hyped and under performed [in laymans english] (can't find the link though ...) based on some German assessment??
Wonder if what was provided here is the actual reason why the iPace is getting delayed ???

Here you go: General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

57008499-647D-4933-B919-8B4607E12DB3.png

Tesla Energy...

Get ready baby...

Here it comes:)

Fire Away!

We have seen this caveat posted over and over again. We get it.

Daimler-Benz is a conglomerate with only half of its revenue coming from Mercedes Cars.

BMW has a motorcycle division and aircraft engine division.

Honda has motorcycle,aircraft, ATV-jet ski, lawnmower garden tool divisions.

Toyota has a marine division, agriculture & biotech division, and a nascent energy division focusing on the "hydrogen economy of the future."

But we still compare them.

Those are not interactive ecosystems that have complementary synergies that will continue to add value to the enterprise.

Fire Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.