Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that (surprise, surprise) that's not what he said. He said that Apple shouldn't get into the car manufacturing business. He didn't mention Tesla.
Oh, I see, when she asks WB the direct question would you support Apple buying Tesla she was actually referring to the ice cream truck company Toothloss... that clears it up, he was actually answering that question, thanks.

Oh, I see, when she asks WB the direct question would you support Apple buying Tesla she was actually referring to the ice cream truck company Toothloss... that clears it up, he was actually answering that question, thanks.
All right, if you want to get technical, it is a journalist's duty to quote what was said accurately, or to indicate that it's been edited. neither was done.

Reactions: Foghat
Meanwhile, in FUDland...

I volunteered for 3 hours of driving folks around and demoing my Model S near the state capitol of New Mexico today, and was amazed at some of the statements they made to me, just dripping with FUD. Let's see if I can do this one person's statements justice:

Visitor: So I hear he's going to lose the factory, he's losing the factory
Me: Who? What? Huh?
Visitor: The owner of the company, what's his name, you know, the Russian guy, Musk.
Me: No, well, but, um--
Visitor: Yeah, I heard it on CNBC, they had a big report, he's in a lot of trouble. I was thinking of getting a Tesla but it sounds like the company will never make any money and Musk just lost the factory so they'll be going out of business
Me: Wait, what---
Visitor: Yeah, it's too bad, your car is very nice. I wonder what you will do for service when--
Me: --What, wait, what?
Visitor: Yeah CNBC report said that....

and on and on.

Just one long drivel of nonsense. I secretly suspect she worked for an auto dealer. It was classic auto-salesperson FUD.

Meanwhile, in FUDland...

I volunteered for 3 hours of driving folks around and demoing my Model S near the state capitol of New Mexico today, and was amazed at some of the statements they made to me, just dripping with FUD. Let's see if I can do this one person's statements justice:

Visitor: The owner of the company, what's his name, you know, the Russian guy, Musk.
Visitor: Yeah, I heard it on CNBC, they had a big report, he's in a lot of trouble. I was thinking of getting a Tesla but it sounds like the company will never make any money and Musk just lost the factory so they'll be going out of business
Visitor: Yeah, it's too bad, your car is very nice. I wonder what you will do for service when--

and on and on.

Just one long drivel of nonsense. I secretly suspect she worked for an auto dealer. It was classic auto-salesperson FUD.
Well I went out to Chinese food last night and my waiter saw my tesla shirt.

him: do you work for Tesla?
me: no, but I support them.
him: well I wish I had shorted them at 350.

Except that (surprise, surprise) that's not what he said. He said that Apple shouldn't get into the car manufacturing business. He didn't mention Tesla.
He did criticized Musk for not immediately correct his 'funding secured' tweet. I personally think that's fair. What do I know I am a weak long.

And several month ago he criticized Musk for promised not to raise capital and then then later raised capital. Apparently nobody paid attention.

No doubt, but now he's giving them attention and the attention is having a detrimental affect on Tesla and everyone that supports the company. What do you think of the whole situation?

I think: meh

It’s not affecting me other than I’m getting A LOT of eye exercise. And as far as I know, Tesla still making cars and headed toward profitability.

Oh, you meant short term SP. Meh. It goes up, it goes down. Rinse and repeat except it’s generally been on an uptrend since April Fools 2013.

Reactions: neroden
Well I went out to Chinese food last night and my waiter saw my tesla shirt.

him: do you work for Tesla?
me: no, but I support them.
him: well I wish I had shorted them at 350.
Are you serious!
Assuming you are this sounds exactly like shoe shine boy giving stock tip to Barnard Baruch in 1929
A great contrarian indicator
Like in 2000 a bookseller at an airport told me that stock market will come back

Top%2BModels.PNG

Top%2BBrands.PNG

EV Sales: Global Top 20 - July 2018

Meanwhile, in FUDland...

and on and on.

One does not have to gain from Tesla's difficulties to believe and repeat the FUD. Likewise, Trump voters did not have to condone misogyny to fight for him.

A big part of the FUD is well engineered so that any person who spend an average time following the mainstream media (social networks included) can end up mistrusting anything Musk says and slowly expect the worst from him. "A typical Silicon Valley billionaire", "a cynic liar who'd say anything to pump the stock", "an Enron in the making", etc.

Since many heard years ago from these sources that Musk could be their hero, his childish behavior can be perceived as a betrayal to their trust and expectations. It might even encourage them to seek some kind of revenge.

Since Elon have fun playing martyr and keeps showing signs of hubris, the public may be right to expect him to fall in fanfare. As Napoleon said, "Men of genius are meteors destined to burn themselves out in lighting up their age."

Last edited:
#Tesla registered 1,481 new #Model3 VINs. ~50% estimated to be dual motor. Highest VIN is 110210.

With 17 of those having VINs for Europe. Looks like we are on track for Q1 overseas deliveries. With the production cost falling, those many thousands of performance Model 3 cars going to Europe will start 2019 off with some nice revenue increases.

RT

Status
Not open for further replies.