Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

gf cant get into car with iphone app. 24/7 SERVICE WONT ANSWER PHONE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It wasn't saying that earlier...earlier it just said connection error (or network error, can't recall). But it definitely did not indicate a maintenance issue and it didn't suggest I try again later.
yes, I understand and agree that can happen. If you are not previously logged in and then connect to the app and login, you will see the temporary message. Under other circumstances you will see either network error or login problem.

• Informative
Reactions: DerekH
For those that arrived late to the party, the maintenance message was ADDED around 2 PM ET Saturday. It.never existed before. It was added because everyone was calling Tesla support and swamping them. I agree it should have been there all along but it was not.

It is not due to the manner of the error or how you are connecting. And you can still connect with the app if you car is turned off totally. What happens when your car has mobile access disabled or is shut down? The app still works. This was a Tesla backend server issue.

It's flaky still. It may work or may not. The only thing that seems to work is the Tesla app; other API users like Remote S and TeslaFi are getting intermittent results or don't work.

Do NOT call Tesla Support, they can't do anything and they know all about it. This has the smell of a temporary fix that was put in for the night, and a better/permanent one to be rolled out today. All a phone call does is tie up people that could be helping send Roadside to owners stranded. I would have hated to be someone with a flat tire anywhere Saturday!

The Tesla app should work if you keep trying.

She is not happy right now. even called service center and no help-on hold for ever...still...wait till the 3 is out-will be a nightmare!

Point is the car is at the mercy of all the tech stuff which sucks.

When I first got my car I went out a couple of times without the fob, just for the novelty of it, but then I decided it’s not a good idea to rely on connectivity to get me home. At least now you know better. This is the first time I've seen the servers down though.

Do you keep a case on your phone? With the model 3 just keep the key card between the back of your phone and the case. That’s where I keep my credit card.