Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GM Chevy Volt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bruce Wayne would be jealous

FblL1t0.jpg

rW27P7f.jpg

eqPd6X4.jpg

fvYUIH6.jpg

XbzPZq6.jpg

thaz8oy.jpg

IwfkEmF.jpg

Since you can now configure a 2017 Volt, I sent out feelers to several dealerships in my area. Was asking for pricing/leasing options.

Of the two that got back to me, they had no idea when they would know the terms, though one did say later this Spring. I guess this is to be expected living outside CA...

How hard is it to get information to your dealers before advertising, and allowing, configuration of a vehicle?

Since you can now configure a 2017 Volt, I sent out feelers to several dealerships in my area. Was asking for pricing/leasing options.

Of the two that got back to me, they had no idea when they would know the terms, though one did say later this Spring. I guess this is to be expected living outside CA...

How hard is it to get information to your dealers before advertising, and allowing, configuration of a vehicle?
I was talking to some people the other day, had their Volt for 5 days. Around here the dealers won't bring in a Volt unless you pay for it all in advance.

Was Mauer in IGH one of them? They have one on cars.com:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/660198761/overview/

Obviously not on the lot yet. When I checked them out two years ago, lets just say I was less than impressed with their knowledge on how the Volt worked or even what they were willing to sell it for. Chose to go with Cernohaus in Prescott, WI as they had one on the lot.

Was Mauer in IGH one of them? They have one on cars.com:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/660198761/overview/

Obviously not on the lot yet. When I checked them out two years ago, lets just say I was less than impressed with their knowledge on how the Volt worked or even what they were willing to sell it for. Chose to go with Cernohaus in Prescott, WI as they had one on the lot.

They were not, but I'll shoot them an e-mail, as well. Thanks!

EDIT:

Ended up giving them a call, since their method for contacting seemed to time-out. Anyway, was told that "the bank" doesn't have any information on leasing, but should by March. Also, they expect imminent arrival of the Volt they have listed.

Last edited:
Have her look at/test drive one of the new 2nd gens- it's a good enough car to help do the convincing for you. Put it in sport mode and off the line acceleration will be close to you S 60.
With the tax credits a well equipped base model gets into the low 20k range which will convince a lot of people!

I haven't really looked into the plugless power as it wouldn't work for me, but I can't imagine it would be much different/expensive than for the gen1.

Just a footnote, a 2012 Volt owner (Erick Belmer) is about to hit 300,000 miles in the next few days, 105,000 on EV power. If my math is correct, that's ~1700 full charge cycles (total battery capacity and kWh used). Amazing.

I've never leased a vehicle before. However, the Lease price listed on Chevy's website seems a bit high. The online calculator is estimating a payment, with no money down, of $473/month...for a 39 month lease with 10k/yr.

I mean, after the federal incentive the car is only ~$33k... Am I missing something?

Last edited:
I've never leased a vehicle before. However, the Lease price listed on Chevy's website seems a bit high. The online calculator is estimating a payment, with no money down, of $473/month...for a 39 month lease with 10k/yr.

I mean, after the federal incentive the car is only ~$33k... Am I missing something?

Always contact dealers with EVs leases; I never found an accurate online estimator when I was shopping for my first EV.

For the car I bought, the dealer's lease price post-tax was over $100 a month cheaper than the online lease price calculator pre-tax.

Always contact dealers with EVs leases; I never found an accurate online estimator when I was shopping for my first EV.

For the car I bought, the dealer's lease price post-tax was over $100 a month cheaper than the online lease price calculator pre-tax.

Thanks, I hope we have a similar experience...the household opinion is currently that a Volt is not worth nearly $500/month. I have been in contact with dealerships, but they seem to be a bit in the dark with regard to financing. Early days, I guess.

I would think these numbers are before the federal (and applicable state) incentives; so, let's say the incentives total $10k, that works out to about $250/month over the 39 month lease period, lowering your effective cost to $223/month. If the $473 includes sales tax, with some interest thrown in that means the cost of depreciation on the car is perhaps around $17,000 over the 39 months. If the calculator assumes you pay MSRP, then 17/44 = 39%, implying a residual of 61%; the residual is stated as a percentage of MSRP. Obviously, if the lease payment calculation is based on a discount from MSRP, then the residual percentage is lower.

You should always be able to negotiate an effective 'purchase' price well below the MSRP. Because the lease residual is based on MSRP, every dollar you reduce the 'purchase' price down flows 100% directly into lower lease payments.