Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GM Chevy Volt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
friend of mine snapped this pic of a volt....seems odd it has the white stickers?

Attachments

• New Image.PNG
    New Image.PNG
    546.6 KB · Views: 369
GM starting shipping Volts which qualify for the clean air stickers a number of months ago.

Eligible Vehicles - Single Occupant Carpool Lane Use Stickers

They must be equipped with a special emissions package only available in CARB states to qualify. I believe it consists of an air pump which is used to clean up the exhaust under certain conditions.

SByer & I know that, but the eligible Volts are supposed to get green stickers, not white.
Maybe the Volt owner applied for the wrong stickers and the DMV accidentally approved them.
Or as VFX said, they could be bogus stickers.

Proper green sticker:
M-2012-Chevrolet-Volt-HOV-052.jpg

I had this happen yesterday... Someone stopped me in a parking lot when they saw my LEAF and said "I want to buy an electric car, but $40K for 40 miles of range just isn't good enough." When I said that the LEAF was about $22K (after incentives) for ~80miles of range they seemed to be in disbelief.
Similar thing happened again to me yesterday. A guy was asking about my conversion and when I told him I had a 50 mile max range he said: "Wow, that's better than that Chevy Volt, it's $40K and only goes 40 miles!" I of course explained that the Volt was actually a hybrid and had a gas motor as well, to which he replied: "Oh, right, but it's just a little generator to charge the pack, right?" I further explained that no the motor could actually drive the car directly, and that in fact it could be used like a Prius hybrid and only run on gas, but efficiency was best when plugged in. Once again I found myself undoing the confusion that GM marketing created. You're welcome GM. I should bill them for my time.

"Not bad for a car that some insist should be called merely a plug-in hybrid, rather than a range-extended electric car as GM would have it."

"Whatever it's called, it appears that the first 15,000 or so Chevrolet Volts are being used primarily as electric cars. Which is what Volt engineers expected and hoped for all along."

GSP

too bad the volt only has a 3.3 Kw charger. A quicker charger means less time clogging up the EVSE for EV's looking for a charge!