Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Robinhood needs to die after this. There can't be any coming back from manipulation this blatant.

I'm with Schwab and only had some hiccups that seemed to be due to high volume. I have a sizable position in GME and a bit of AMC I'll be holding. They've all but ensured a powerful Streisand effect from halting buying -- at some point it must resume and demand will be higher than ever from the extra publicity.

I saw RH now have 100,000 1 star reviews. Death knell?

Their real customers may be the hedge fund but they still need the retail users to operate. I am shocked that RH would be so shortsighted to spite their largest user base. Reddit basically built RH. With an upcoming IPO in the works as well? I don't see how they recover from this.

RH is going to be bankrupt before the IPO is even completed. :D

IB pulled something similar to RH today. I would avoid them.

I have Fidelity and Schwab, I have liked Fidelity better, had problems executing trades on Schwab yesterday, but the margin rates of both suck.

IB and Fidelity still best (#1 and 1a) every year for last 9-10 years in the online brokerages rankings from Barrons, who seems to be the only outlet that does an in depth analysis of the topic

Ah so that's how they finally figured out how to cheat it back. Prevent buys and it can't go up!

Just yesterday they were lying through their teeth about "caring about the little guys getting hurt". Then today they pull strings to make it happen.
WSB are going to be piiiiiiiissed off. RH better NOT IPO. WSB will short them into oblivion.

The brokers sell their souls to Wall Street and sacrificed retail on the altar of the Hedge Funds

In case you ever wondered who is in control

I believe this is a seismic event that will have massive implications going forward

And RH, I think it's over for them, who the hell would trust them ever again?

Edit: I sold off the $EXPR at $4, should've moved earlier on that, but better to get something back. He-ho, not much in the grand scheme

Last edited:
Oh, how much can change in less than a day...

Capture.PNG

IB and Fidelity still best (#1 and 1a) every year for last 9-10 years in the online brokerages rankings from Barrons, who seems to be the only outlet that does an in depth analysis of the topic
That rating for IBKR won't last long. I use them for my non-retirement account. Pulling out everything piece by piece as it makes sense.
WSB are going to be piiiiiiiissed off. RH better NOT IPO. WSB will short them into oblivion.
1000%. People think WSB was mad at Wall Street before this. Now it's a full blown rebellion. I'm going to buy puts on IB as well. They are dead to me. Oh, I'm an accredited investor with 400k in that account and I'm not "allowed" to buy GME? Sure.

This is not a matter of "you get what you pay for anymore" . (coincidentally, I keep hearing this same line from pros in the financial industry) As IB, considered the top, also joined in on the blocking bandwagon." I will still use IB, but it won't be for mission critical trades anymore. ToS stand out as top broker from this mess. No technical issues, no blocking of anything.

Surprisingly, the bigger the brokerage, the more they are likely to abide by the pressure from higher up or experience technical issues. The smaller brokerage I have ended up navigating the storm much better.

This is not a matter of you get what you pay for anymore. As IB, considered the top also joined in on the blocking bandwagon." I will still use IB, but it won't be for mission critical trades anymore. ToS stand out as top broker from this mess. No technical issues, no blocking of anything.
I'm going to have to check them out. Vanguard still lets me trade GME as well. I bought a few there just to hold as a reminder.

Reactions: UkNorthampton