Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its funny, how CNBS anchor do not have a mirror!
They cry wolf if an open discussion board can do what they have been doing for a living all the time.
They are spewing BS about stocks every day, but that is not "manipulation" but if an unknown guy does it on the internet that is horrible. LOL

CNBC are fighting for their own lives. If WSB has higher readership, then CNBC becomes irrelevant and their advertising will dry up.

Super targeted.

Link: https://trends.google.com/trends/ex...q8ct1,/m/04c_rb,/m/050v19,/m/0csd97,/m/033778

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 9.28.54 AM.png

I am pissed with IB. Not allowed to buy more GME as well
Move to vanguard. ;)

Absolutely, and they'll keep applying this downward pressure in hopes they can make it free fall and stay below $200 for tomorrow. I don't think they have what it takes to keep it down, even with the droves of investors they're screwing over for their own "safety." I'm angry for everyone who can't buy right now.
I just loaded up with AMC calls for September and 2023. I don't see why they can't come back at least most of the way to their pre-covid peak. Not sure if I want to dip back into GME or not. This may have broken momentum and allowed funds to cover.

choice between TDA, Schwab, IBKR
TD Ameritrade was the 1st broker to announce they're restricting trading. I reposted it here from a comment/screenie posted in Main

I think Interactive Brokers cracked down in the pre-Market today simultaneously with Robbing Hood.

Those to, at least, have almost certainly been caught with their hands in the 'naked shorting' cookie jar.

RBC in Toronto, Canada too. They also failed to deliver TSLA dividend shares back on Aug 31, 2020.

Not helpful for you, but BMO Investorline in Canada has been above board. Recommended for Canadians seeking an honest broker.

Cheers!

TD Ameritrade was the 1st broker to announce they're restricting trading. I reposted it here from a comment/screenie posted in Main

I think Interactive Brokers cracked down in the pre-Market today simultaneously with Robbing Hood.

Those to, at least, have almost certainly been caught with their hands in the 'naked shorting' cookie jar.

RBC in Toronto, Canada too. They also failed to deliver TSLA dividend shares back on Aug 31, 2020.

Not helpful for you, but BMO Investorline in Canada has been above board. Recommended for Canadians seeking an honest broker.

Cheers!
Thank you. I think it's time for me to immediately look into moving my stuff from TD to BMO.

Last edited:

Cheers!

IB delivered TSLA and AAPL split proceed shares to customer base on ex date, before they even received them from street 2 days later. they do this as policy. their risk mgmt system depends on this. they credit the shares as the market price fluctuates (on ex for divs). whereas they don’t credit $ for reorganization’s like Mergers, until they actually get paid.

also IB as a broker doesn’t hold proprietary trading positions as in longs or shorts naked or covered. they are a broker, a pass through. they as an entity are flat. the customers are net long/short versus street. i’m pretty sure every broker must operate as such

however, some brokerage are under umbrella of larger corporation i.e Etrade Morgan’s stanley. multiple business segments. technically etrade as a brokerage must be flat but the prop trading side of MS holds positions that may be aligned or opposite of etrade customers base. supposed chinese all between them from a systems perspective.

i get it...but just saying.

that doesn’t mean, however, that a broker can’t find itself open on a position holding the bag on an execution error or exchange error that the brokers risk dept must “trade” out of to cover and book the PnL. there are regulations.

games can always be played. i just don’t think the ‘broker’ entity is responsible for all going on with GME, etc. someone has to piece this together, but we’ll never get the whole story.

the hedges are getting a chance to surface and breathe. why? and under who’s direction/protection?

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Still, even if it's just 100% SI based on float that's very high at this point. Of course the funds know they have protection now.

Would love if someone big, like Elon put a floor at say $200, and boughy any dip.

Would have been interesting to see how shorts would have handled such a situation. ;-)

Elon, you can do it!?