Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a very good post detailing what has happened. For someone who has been long TSLA for years all this rings very true with regard to the naked shorting, the market-maker manipulation etc. I don't know anything about the fundamentals of GME so I won't be trading it, but I'm happy to see "crowd sourcing" by long investors to kick the big players sometimes...

https://reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets...ndgame_part_3_a_new_opponent_enters_the_ring/
The CNBC crowd is crying so hard about this. I love it. "it's manipulation halp us SEC". :rolleyes:

The CNBC crowd is crying so hard about this. I love it. "it's manipulation halp us SEC". :rolleyes:

It's actually an interesting discussion what the modern interpretation of "stock manipulation" or "collusion" should be. A group of people doing joint research and coming to a joint conclusion that either the stock is under valued or that there is a potential for a stock squeeze, and then in unision deciding to go long "together" while clearly understanding that there is a dynamic in many people getting behind a stock? Is that illegal? I mean a classic "pump and dump" would be illegal, but this is not what has happened here. Is what we've been doing here on TMC for many years illegal?

The level of concern at CNBC this morning is laughable. F these guys.

I'm starting to think this wider agenda of attacking all short positions is bigger than we think. Someone posted yesterday that it could've been the massive TSLA spike at open. Would be nice to see ON THE WEEK OF BLOCKBUSTER EARNINGS. Lol

Are there any ETFs out there that concentrate all the most shorted shares in the S&P500? That would be nice to jump into this week for support and profit.

If Elon tweets he bought into GME, that will launch it well past $100.
Though would he get in trouble with the SEC for doing that?
It was as high as 153 yesterday. If Elon tweeted that it would probably break 200. CNBC will have a coronary. Elon just needs to stay something like "I enjoy playing games but hate when I have to stop."

It was as high as 153 yesterday. If Elon tweeted that it would probably break 200. CNBC will have a coronary. Elon just needs to stay something like "I enjoy playing games but hate when I have to stop."

Watching GME's ticker is fascinating. It's like trench warfare, both sides dig in until one finally advances, but then the other side re-trenches and takes ground back. MM shorties vs Redditers!

Reactions: Nocturnal
$120. Wow it's already traded over 100 million today, which is x 5 the avg. volume (at a significantly higher price). The float is only 50 million, but with all the "fantasy shares" created by naked shorting that's not a problem. "The market makers play an important role in supplying liquidity... [which is why the SEC will allow the to do naked shorting] blah blah blah". I love to see them getting burned.

$120. Wow it's already traded over 100 million today, which is x 5 the avg. volume (at a significantly higher price). The float is only 50 million, but with all the "fantasy shares" created by naked shorting that's not a problem. "The market makers play an important role in supplying liquidity... [which is why the SEC will allow the to do naked shorting] blah blah blah". I love to see them getting burned.

Fascinating action. Watched the ticker for a little bit, and as soon as it hit $125, it immediate dropped down to $113, but has already almost recovered all of that drop. Guess someone had a huge sell order for $125.

Reactions: Johan