Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Go Ahead -- Grade my Vanity Plate Idea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bad thing about living in CA is that a lot of the good options are already taken.

its-taken.jpg

Of my friends in TX just got his model 3. I commented on how it would be cool if he had something with a Space X tie-in not thinking that would be possible with 6 characters to work with...

View attachment 310156

He was on the fence because it's $90/yr. Then a Falcon 9 passed within a mile of his house the day after he got his 3... if that's not a sign this was meant to be his plate I don't know what is ;)

This is cool.

<- You can have 7 characters in TX now ;)

I don't mind posting the idea because (1) I don't have or anticipate anytime soon getting an extra car to put it on, and (2) it's been unavailable as long as I've been checking, perhaps even still registered to the original vehicle?

I currently have three Teslas, each with custom plates:

1) 2008 Roadster, 'BB VIII' (BB-8, the Star Wars droid)
2) 2012 Model S, 'RCHRGBL' ("Rechargeable", though sometimes people ask if it means "Rich Gerbil"?)
3) 2017 Model 3, 'OHM NOMM'.

I did originally want to get 'BATT MBL' for the Roadster, but it was taken, alas.

Not a M3 owner yet, but my '18 Volt plates say Plug Me In. My sarcastic wife (who took German in HS) calls it Phlegm Mein.

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: Jaywlker and Ben W