Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear Electric drive GT Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t see them listed on their home page yet. I’d like to get the Michelin variant but they are only available in 20” size.

When time comes, I maybe get the Pilot Sport 4’s as temperatures don’t often dip below 40* here and I rarely drive to the snow—usually on do so just to do it as opposed to any real enjoyment being in the snow.

It's good to have more options. I'm going to get a new set of tires soon and will be checking these for reviews and distribution.
Hopefully by soon you mean late next year. The Goodyear press release (and those places that just republished the PR) is quite vague about availability beyond saying 2022. It would nice if it wasn't another Pilot Sport EV debacle too. Since when does 'made to last' mean 20k miles?

...and the Goodyear advertising screaming about the sound deadening aspect makes it sound like a NEW innovation. It has been around for years.

This, from 2016:

Biggest issue I see is fast tread wear so I guess a decent indicator is the UTQG. These new tires are rated @ 500 where as the stock tires @ 400 so just a bit better. I have been looking at these which have a tread wear of 800 which is twice the stock and are very highly rated all around. Maybe a better choice. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Turanza+QuietTrack&partnum=545VR9TQTXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Tesla&autoYear=2020&autoModel=Model Y Long Range&autoModClar=

I have a 2018 M3 LR AWD, and wore out the 19" Continentals at about 29000. I did end up needing a 4-wheel alignment, since the insides were worn off the Continentals. I replaced them with the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate (P235/40R19 96Y) and now have about 20000 on these tires, with plenty of tread left still. They grip well, are much better than the Continentals on wet pavement, and don't sound much louder to me. Maybe the new Goodyear EV tires will be out when it's time to replace these. The one-size 19" tire isn't correct for my M3. Maybe it was designed for the Y?

The one-size 19" tire isn't correct for my M3. Maybe it was designed for the Y?
Per the Goodyear PR at Goodyear.com:
While Goodyear plans to expand the ElectricDrive product portfolio in 2022, the initial release of the Goodyear ElectricDrive GT is available in size 255/45R19 104W XL. This tire will be available through goodyear.com and is an ideal fit for some of the most popular EV high-performance models.
where 'some of the most popular' means 19" Tesla. I wonder if the 'available through goodyear.com' means that you have to order them online with their 'free delivery to installer' process.

My Model 3 w/19's has a Continental 235/40. It seems the new Goodyear 255/45 will have a larger diameter, width and sidewall.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 8.03.23 AM.png

Just to make things clearer, this is the Model Y section and the tires we are talking about are the stock 19" size that come standard all around on the Y which is 255/45-19"

This also happens to be the same size that comes with the Model S refresh on the front wheels. Could be used on the rear of the model S however it would look a little off if one did not use spacers to fill out the wheel well as the Model s has a staggered config. 25mm rear spacers would work well on the rears if one would prefer a square setup that is.

My Model 3 w/19's has a Continental 235/40. It seems the new Goodyear 255/45 will have a larger diameter, width and sidewall.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Thoughts?
I should have been more clear and said 19" on the Model Y. While you could try them it seems like a bad idea. Presumably Goodyear will follow the market. The M3 is largest part of the fleet by far but the MY is currently the best seller (the usual installed base versus market share issue). There may also be price constraints and all the other things that drive productions decisions..

FYI, the 255/45 19 is also the front size of the refreshed Model S and perfectly suitable for the rear if you add spacers.
Yeah, but I don't think that's the plan. The tires are asymmetric so if you didn't convert to 'square' you couldn't rotate them (although maybe no one cares about that).

BTW, Electrek's write-up says they fit the M3. Bad information is rampant.

I should have been more clear and said 19" on the Model Y. While you could try them it seems like a bad idea. Presumably Goodyear will follow the market. The M3 is largest part of the fleet by far but the MY is currently the best seller (the usual installed base versus market share issue). There may also be price constraints and all the other things that drive productions decisions..

Agreed. I'm only nine months in to ownership so I would think Goodyear will have 235/40's by the time I need them. Thanks.

I don't see a compelling argument for them, though perhaps when reviews roll in their benefits will become apparent. My fairly new Michelin PS AS4's are great and normally readily available, negligible range hit. Hopefully in 2-3 years when I need tires again there will be more choices.