Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google Home/Assistant Tesla Commands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've made this code public in GitHub, and I'd imagine it's adaptable to Google Home. At the moment, I'm filling out more complex functionality (like "Get my car ready for a long drive by 9 o'clock tomorrow morning" -- which will charge the car to 100% just before I'm about to depart, as well as checking the internal temperature and warming/cooling the car to within 5 degrees of the climate control setting), and then was going to start working on an IBM Watson Conversation interface. But adapting it to Google Home might be more interesting. If anyone wants to fork my code and do some work on it, I'd encourage that -- much of the hard work is done on interfacing with the car, and this work will continue.

For those so inclined, here is the GitHub repository for the Alexa project: Nikola: An Alexa Skill for Monitoring and Managing Tesla Automobiles
Are you aware of anyone working on adapting your code to use with IFTTT on Google Home? This would be really great to have. If I had any coding skills, I'd volunteer to do it. Sadly, I don't.

I picked up a Google Home, so I would love for something easy that can lock/unlock my car, turn on heating, etc. stuff I do from the app, but instead through Google Home. I did see people started work on that, maybe I just need to sit down and figure out how to put all the pieces together (did I mention I'm lazy, and want an easy "click here to download" solution? ;)).

I picked up a Google Home, so I would love for something easy that can lock/unlock my car, turn on heating, etc. stuff I do from the app, but instead through Google Home. I did see people started work on that, maybe I just need to sit down and figure out how to put all the pieces together (did I mention I'm lazy, and want an easy "click here to download" solution? ;)).

You can link EVE for Tesla (to control the car) with Google Voice Assistant (Home) via IFTTT. I don't have EVE so haven't tried it, but I do use IFTTT with my Google Home for things like controlling my thermostat settings.

• Informative
Reactions: Max*
You can link EVE for Tesla (to control the car) with Google Voice Assistant (Home) via IFTTT. I don't have EVE so haven't tried it, but I do use IFTTT with my Google Home for things like controlling my thermostat settings.
Just tried, doesn't work. EVE for Tesla only controls the dashboard. It's like a webpage. There doesn't seem to be an IFTTT way to unlock the car.

The only "that" command is to "Display Message on Tesla Dashboard".

Just tried, doesn't work. EVE for Tesla only controls the dashboard. It's like a webpage. There doesn't seem to be an IFTTT way to unlock the car.

The only "that" command is to "Display Message on Tesla Dashboard".

Ahh... that's too bad. I saw EVE on the IFTTT page when I was doing other things with my Google Home and just assumed that it might work. Sorry about that!

I got as far as signing up for IFTTT and integrating it to my google home. Using the IFTTT "Maker" applet you can make web calls based on what you tell Google Home. Those web calls then need to be translated into the Tesla API. Someone has already done that on the web using golang, but greater functionality will be from integrating the Maker calls into the python code that is being perfected for Alexa in the other thread. I don't believe it would be too difficult, just time consuming for someone who doesn't code in python (like me).

Another key point here is that the only way this will happen for google home for now is if you host your own webserver on a free site or use a computer like a Raspberry Pi. I'll be using the latter. That web server is needed to take the calls and run the code to call the Tesla server.

I wrote an IFTTT using the maker channel "Hey Google, Honk the Horn" and the Tesla honks its horn. Its very rudimentary. You have to grab your auth token using the API page, and then put that token into your app.
This simple code here hosted on a server will make your horn honk if you call it with the IFTTT maker app.

Thanks for that code! I have received my Google Home today and was able to create some .php scripts:
tesla_flash.php (just for fun/demonstration)
tesla_acon.php (ac on)
tesla_acoff.php (ac off)
Using IFTTT "this" Google Assistant" and "that" a Maker call to my raspberry pi with apache2 on it.
Vehicle ID and token I got from the Remote S iOS app.

This is FUN! :)

Now lets hope there will be some more scripts available soon for Google Home / IFTTT that work with the Tesla API.

Reactions: Drewflux