TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Google Home/Assistant Tesla Commands

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by highedu, Nov 22, 2016.

1. grayguy

grayguy Member

Are you aware of anyone working on adapting your code to use with IFTTT on Google Home? This would be really great to have. If I had any coding skills, I'd volunteer to do it. Sadly, I don't.

2. wayner

wayner Active Member

3. wayner

wayner Active Member

4. highedu

highedu Member

Any updates since the API was released ?

5. AvengerBB

AvengerBB Member

I'm interested in getting a google home app going too. I used to code but haven't done any python. Got an RPi for Christmas so will dive in later today but no promises. If anyone has already started please chime in.

6. Max*

Max* Charging

I picked up a Google Home, so I would love for something easy that can lock/unlock my car, turn on heating, etc. stuff I do from the app, but instead through Google Home. I did see people started work on that, maybe I just need to sit down and figure out how to put all the pieces together (did I mention I'm lazy, and want an easy "click here to download" solution? ;)).

7. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

You can link EVE for Tesla (to control the car) with Google Voice Assistant (Home) via IFTTT. I don't have EVE so haven't tried it, but I do use IFTTT with my Google Home for things like controlling my thermostat settings.

• Informative x 1
  8. Max*

Max* Charging

Just tried, doesn't work. EVE for Tesla only controls the dashboard. It's like a webpage. There doesn't seem to be an IFTTT way to unlock the car.

The only "that" command is to "Display Message on Tesla Dashboard".

9. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Ahh... that's too bad. I saw EVE on the IFTTT page when I was doing other things with my Google Home and just assumed that it might work. Sorry about that!

10. AvengerBB

AvengerBB Member

I got as far as signing up for IFTTT and integrating it to my google home. Using the IFTTT "Maker" applet you can make web calls based on what you tell Google Home. Those web calls then need to be translated into the Tesla API. Someone has already done that on the web using golang, but greater functionality will be from integrating the Maker calls into the python code that is being perfected for Alexa in the other thread. I don't believe it would be too difficult, just time consuming for someone who doesn't code in python (like me).

Another key point here is that the only way this will happen for google home for now is if you host your own webserver on a free site or use a computer like a Raspberry Pi. I'll be using the latter. That web server is needed to take the calls and run the code to call the Tesla server.

11. highedu

highedu Member

Anybody have something on a public server which can be used by all without having to deploy a service?

12. grayguy

grayguy Member

I'm looking forward to when someone releases some Google Home integration that non-programmers such as myself can use.

• Like x 3
  13. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke Model S P90DL

Thanks for that code! I have received my Google Home today and was able to create some .php scripts:
    tesla_flash.php (just for fun/demonstration)
    tesla_acon.php (ac on)
    tesla_acoff.php (ac off)
    Using IFTTT "this" Google Assistant" and "that" a Maker call to my raspberry pi with apache2 on it.
    Vehicle ID and token I got from the Remote S iOS app.

This is FUN! :)

Now lets hope there will be some more scripts available soon for Google Home / IFTTT that work with the Tesla API.

• Like x 1
  14. Gol4

Gol4 Member