Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My Beauty Wrapped!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always been curious about wraps. I've never had one done for this purpose ("paint" job) but just for advertising on company vehicles. So I wasn't really picky, but in that case I could always tell it was a wrap. Obviously, because of the lettering, logo, etc... but I mean the seams, because you could see all the edges and the factory paint. If it were a "paint" look, that'd drive me nuts.

From your photos, I can't tell its a wrap other than knowing better. That looks like paint, and that's what I'd want. But up close? Do you mind posting some close-up pics of the edges?

I don't know that I'd go quite THAT far for a reputable shop, but maybe :)

I got my Model X about a month ago, my previous cars included 2017 Volvo XC 90, 2017 Audi Q7 and now Tesla Model X. I always had my cars wrapped in the past so why should it be any different with My X. So here is the beauty wrapped in Rushing Riptide Avery ColorFlow. Got is wrapped locally here and they did an awesome job!!

View attachment 247117 View attachment 247118 View attachment 247119 View attachment 247120 View attachment 247121 View attachment 247122

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful wrap and awesome color!!! Your Tesla Model X is a showstopper! I would love to see some shots of this color under the street lights at night.

We haven't tried the Rushing Riptide color from Avery yet but looking forward to offering this color after these pictures! Great choice!

Ill include some of our Model X wraps to check out!

satin-black-model-x-p90d-22-inch-forged-wheels-gloss-black-9_600x.jpg satin-black-model-x-p90d-22-inch-forged-wheels-gloss-black-10_600x.jpg Tiffany 2.jpg Tiffany 4.jpg

Attachments

• Tiffany 3.jpg
    Tiffany 3.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 284
  • Tiffany 5.jpg
    Tiffany 5.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 281
Sounds like you had your sights on doing this when you got the car. Starting with a BLACK model X (free paint color) instead of Pearl white $$ ... could have a saved a few bucks, and the door pillars would not be so high contrast when doors open.. curious if white was intentional, does it make a better base for doing the work, or just happen to find a deal on a white X?

Reactions: macd1995
Sounds like you had your sights on doing this when you got the car. Starting with a BLACK model X (free paint color) instead of Pearl white $$ ... could have a saved a few bucks, and the door pillars would not be so high contrast when doors open.. curious if white was intentional, does it make a better base for doing the work, or just happen to find a deal on a white X?
No I got a good deal on white model so I took it.

I got my Model X about a month ago, my previous cars included 2017 Volvo XC 90, 2017 Audi Q7 and now Tesla Model X. I always had my cars wrapped in the past so why should it be any different with My X. So here is the beauty wrapped in Rushing Riptide Avery ColorFlow. Got is wrapped locally here and they did an awesome job!!

View attachment 247117 View attachment 247118 View attachment 247119 View attachment 247120 View attachment 247121 View attachment 247122

Niiice. I'm thinking about this myself...
Wondering what was the total amount of days from booking to having the X fully wrapped?
Which outfit did you use for the color shift wrap?
I am also considering a clear wrap, have you seen this guy's work? - Bemaro ("BLACK WIDOW" Model S P100D Ludicrous. Chrome delete and Xpel Ultimate by Bemaro SF)

Niiice. I'm thinking about this myself...
Wondering what was the total amount of days from booking to having the X fully wrapped?
Which outfit did you use for the color shift wrap?
I am also considering a clear wrap, have you seen this guy's work? - Bemaro ("BLACK WIDOW" Model S P100D Ludicrous. Chrome delete and Xpel Ultimate by Bemaro SF)

total took 3 days from booking till pickup. rushing riptide from Avery color flow. no I have not seen Bemaro but looks cool.