Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GOT MY VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend and I ordered our model 3 on the same day three hours apart. 2-7-2018 mine was 3 hours earlier. He was assigned a VIN and called yesterday 2-16-2018 and given a dilevery date of 2-23-2018 I still haven't heard from them. the only difference between our orders is one had a trade in option and his did not. Hummm go figure almost sounds like they are cherry picking fast easy transactions first.

• Informative
Reactions: bonaire
My friend and I ordered our model 3 on the same day three hours apart. 2-7-2018 mine was 3 hours earlier. He was assigned a VIN and called yesterday 2-16-2018 and given a dilevery date of 2-23-2018 I still haven't heard from them. the only difference between our orders is one had a trade in option and his did not. Hummm go figure almost sounds like they are cherry picking fast easy transactions first.
I think you may be right... I'm looking at selling my vehicle to CarMax or something first, and taking off the trade-in option, since that is the lone thing I can figure out that makes mine slower. And with the "we can't sell in TX" thing, I can't imagine the trade-in will do anything but slow my transaction down by days or more! The only thing I lose with that is the tax reduction... but since that is like $1100 with the value of the car I'm trading in, not sure it's worth the historic lowballs I've heard you get from the Tesla affiliate AND a delay..

Reactions: bonaire
I think you may be right... I'm looking at selling my vehicle to CarMax or something first, and taking off the trade-in option, since that is the lone thing I can figure out that makes mine slower. And with the "we can't sell in TX" thing, I can't imagine the trade-in will do anything but slow my transaction down by days or more! The only thing I lose with that is the tax reduction... but since that is like $1100 with the value of the car I'm trading in, not sure it's worth the historic lowballs I've heard you get from the Tesla affiliate AND a delay..
Yeah, I believe thats the case. I know its has nothing do with Tesla ownership since I have owned my model S for over a year longer than he has. Its obvious they are cherry picking the orders.To bad they dont disclose that, so that some of us that have an option can opt to sell our second vehicle outside of the deal

Yeah, I believe thats the case. I know its has nothing do with Tesla ownership since I have owned my model S for over a year longer than he has. Its obvious they are cherry picking the orders.To bad they dont disclose that, so that some of us that have an option can opt to sell our second vehicle outside of the deal
Hey don't be a sore looser Mayo! Take that trade to CarMax:D

• Funny
Reactions: rsbell

Think that was the case with my delivery as well. Now my configure to delivery was just three weeks, and VIN to delivery 9 days, so not complaining. But when the ISA called the day after the VIN was assigned, I asked her based on the low VIN number and she basically confirmed the car was already built and waiting for delivery. The trade-in processing - getting the inspection form, collecting the data, and reconfirming the offer, all took three days and then pushed through a weekend before I could select a delivery appointment.

Ultimately I sold the old car over that weekend instead of doing the trade-in. I think I could've confirmed a delivery date as soon as the ISA first called, and cut the VIN to delivery from 9 days to as little as 3-5 days had I skipped the trade-in paperwork.

I don't think it's cherry picking so much as them not really caring that much to get the cars off of inventory that much more quickly. My VIN plate has a Jan 18 production stamp and was picked up basically at the factory - if they were really motivated, they could get the VIN's assigned weeks before manufacturing, and into customers hands within days of production, rather than having the car sit around for a month.

Think that was the case with my delivery as well. Now my configure to delivery was just three weeks, and VIN to delivery 9 days, so not complaining. But when the ISA called the day after the VIN was assigned, I asked her based on the low VIN number and she basically confirmed the car was already built and waiting for delivery. The trade-in processing - getting the inspection form, collecting the data, and reconfirming the offer, all took three days and then pushed through a weekend before I could select a delivery appointment.

Ultimately I sold the old car over that weekend instead of doing the trade-in. I think I could've confirmed a delivery date as soon as the ISA first called, and cut the VIN to delivery from 9 days to as little as 3-5 days had I skipped the trade-in paperwork.

I don't think it's cherry picking so much as them not really caring that much to get the cars off of inventory that much more quickly. My VIN plate has a Jan 18 production stamp and was picked up basically at the factory - if they were really motivated, they could get the VIN's assigned weeks before manufacturing, and into customers hands within days of production, rather than having the car sit around for a month.

I ordered a few hours ago and have received a vin already.. I would expect delivery within a week or so, I am in So Cal but will probably pick up at the factory if i can get a tour..

• Informative
Reactions: CarbonFree