TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

GPS Verbal Command Disruption

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Aussie Yank, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Aussie Yank

Aussie Yank Member

We have noticed a problem of late where the GPS Verbal commands break/stop in the middle of a sentence. It is not a hesitation, but stops verbalizing the command. It does NOT effect the continuation of the GPS routing and the next sequential command is correct and spoken to completion.

The service folks suggested we reboot the display, but this had no effect.

It is going to be hard to find, since it only happens every 30 min to 1 hour

anyone had this experience? Solution? :frown:

2. raynewman

raynewman Member

It's been going on since the 7.0 update.

3. Wattup

Wattup Member

I had a GPS issue. The voice stopped and was replaced by a continuous buzz that stopped when you made a phone call, but the GPS guidance stopped and never restarted. Called the service people and was told to reboot which fixed it. It has only happened twice so far in 6 weeks.

4. danielp

danielp Member

Hold down the voice button, say "bug report <blah blah>". That will submit it off to tesla.

I have mine muted the whole time so I'd never notice. I did notice it renders the display better now than in 6.x :)

5. TesAus

TesAus Member

I'm with you - I find the voice is unnecessary with the directions displayed in the dash area, especially the count down to intersections.