Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green number plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before we adopted EU number plates, I used to use a magnetic GB plate, just attached to the back of the car. Easy enough to just fit before going on holiday and take off again afterwards, and it never seemed to damage the paint. It was made from some sort of flexible, rubbery stuff, loaded with magnetic material of some sort.
I take it the boot is steel and not ali? else magnet ones could be an issue...

I bought new number from plates4less. On the website there was a section to fill if you want them to do the plates for you. I tried to disign the plates but there was no option for green ev flash so I phoned them. Instant reply and a "no problem". Plates have not yet arrived so I'll update if there is a problem.

Here’s mine from Pro Plates...

64D6874D-51FE-499D-A48C-6C367BDF3061.jpeg

Not sure it's legal (atm) do that. Seems you can have either blue flashes with the union flag and GB or the green flash which is blank and GB stickers..
Did wonder if that was the case but this government article and this page seems to suggest you can.

"They will consist of a green flash on the left-hand side of the plate and can be combined with the Union flag and national identifiers already permitted by the regulations"

Plates For Cars Designer - Design Online will do it but they are Dublin based and when I raised a few questions via contact form before Christmas including legality they so far failed to answer.
I was put off at first as I thought I had to specify my own footer / legal text but turns out that's not the case. They offer the option with the green bar and GB on it which is sufficient for traveling to Europe and not needing a GB sticker too. Thanks

Reactions: MrBadger