Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "Mad Hungarian" put some 18x9 +30 wheels on his P3D+. See:

The +30 looks good on the car. Wonder if we can get that offset in Titan 7 for a bit more inner clearance in the front.

Other interesting thing is, this video proves that wheel weight doesn't really matter or at least the difference is so small that it's insignificant (5/100 of a sec difference). And he shrank the wheel diameter too which should have given him even more torque.
Someone needs to hack the OS on this car so we can see what it can really do.

The "Mad Hungarian" put some 18x9 +30 wheels on his P3D+. See:

The +30 looks good on the car. Wonder if we can get that offset in Titan 7 for a bit more inner clearance in the front.

Other interesting thing is, this video proves that wheel weight doesn't really matter or at least the difference is so small that it's insignificant (5/100 of a sec difference). And he shrank the wheel diameter too which should have given him even more torque.

He should have used the same tire

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Hey, has there been any update on the 19x9 with +30 or +25 offsets? Would Mike add this option if we met the minimum order quantity? I would also be in for +30, seems like a good compromise.

This is what he responded with:

"The order has been placed with the factory so I think a offset change is off the table at this point. However we are always open to more aggressive sizing in the future, but for now we want to focus on more of OEM-ish fitments. Sizing: For now we are sticking with the current fitment, there is a possibility of 9.5s in the future. Will keep you updated..."

So I guess it depends on how long you want to wait.

• Informative
This is what he responded with:

"The order has been placed with the factory so I think a offset change is off the table at this point. However we are always open to more aggressive sizing in the future, but for now we want to focus on more of OEM-ish fitments. Sizing: For now we are sticking with the current fitment, there is a possibility of 9.5s in the future. Will keep you updated..."

So I guess it depends on how long you want to wait.

Cool thanks. I guess the power is in the numbers. If we can maybe set up another poll (maybe a new thread as well) to keep it organized, and if there is enough interest, I am sure he would make this a priority. So far, I think there is a handful of people that would consider a +25 or +30 offset.

• Informative
Seeing these videos with decreasing the wheel diameter and overall rotational mass weight with negligible difference in performance is making me rethink going down to 19” wheeels. I’m still replacing my OEM 20s but may go with lighter weight aftermarket 20s since performance has not significantly increased going down to 19s and 18s.

So Im wondering if there are enough interested in doing a group buy for the forged TS-5 in 20's. The same offset as the T Sportline M3115 wheels (20x8.5" +30 / 20X10.0" +40)? Cant imagine why this isn't a listed size here. If so please PM. To show my level of motivation, I would commit to two sets if necessary and only need a few more commitments to get these produced. Hope to move fast!

Last edited:
So Im wondering if there are enough interested in doing a group by for the 20's in the same offset as the T Sportline wheels? Cant imagine why this isn't a listed size here. If so please PM. To show my level of motivation, I would commit to two sets if necessary and accordingly only need a few more commitments to get these produced. Hope to move fast!
You will need an order of 8, after the fiasco experience on my Model S with 21's most of us agreed that the 19 in a good compromise on a car that has no spare and very little rubber between you and road hazards, an as you stated already if it makes no performance difference why would I spend $1000 per wheel and $350 per tire when an 18 inch $500 wheel and $250 tire yields the same straight line performance result... results will not be the same on corner or handling feel and the rattling of my molars with a 20 wheel on an already stiff suspension. Each buyer is different I don't want to spend $1200 every 12 months on new tires or repair/ replace shattered aftermarket wheels that are back ordered.. just a perspective from a 6 year model S owner where all three of my Model S's left me stranded on the road late for an important meeting or missing a flight.... no thanks, been there got that medal three times....

You will need an order of 8, after the fiasco experience on my Model S with 21's most of us agreed that the 19 in a good compromise on a car that has no spare and very little rubber between you and road hazards, an as you stated already if it makes no performance difference why would I spend $1000 per wheel and $350 per tire when an 18 inch $500 wheel and $250 tire yields the same straight line performance result... results will not be the same on corner or handling feel and the rattling of my molars with a 20 wheel on an already stiff suspension. Each buyer is different I don't want to spend $1200 every 12 months on new tires or repair/ replace shattered aftermarket wheels that are back ordered.. just a perspective from a 6 year model S owner where all three of my Model S's left me stranded on the road late for an important meeting or missing a flight.... no thanks, been there got that medal three times....

Appreciate your post but that makes no sense to me. I have a performance Model P3+ and she is buttery smooth with factory 20 inch wheels. I can speak from experience and tell you the 20's on this platform have a better and more planted driving feel than even my 911 TTS. The P3D+ is rock solid and seemingly rides on a cushion. The closest ride feeling to me has been my experience with the Mclaren and its hydraulic suspension. The Model X also comes to mind. I also enjoy the look of the larger wheels. Makes the car look more substantial. You really should drive a P3D+. Your S experience and the current P3+ vehicle platform are worlds refined.

I simply buy forged aftermarket and drive without issue. I have 21 HREs on the 911 and would argue that the smaller wheel radius is a bunch of fake news promulgated by internet racers. I have a ton of experience at this and I routinely rip 1.4 60's and 9.8s at 140 in the 1/4. with big wheels.

Anyway this really isn't the focus of my post or intent. Simply want to upgrade my factory 20's on my P3D+ to aftermarket and willing to take the initiative to get this done if there are any like minded owners.

Last edited:
Appreciate your post but that makes no sense to me. I have a performance Model P3+ and she is buttery smooth with factory 20 inch wheels. I can speak from experience and tell you the 20's on this platform have a better and more planted driving feel than even my 911 TTS. The P3D+ is rock solid and seemingly rides on a cushion. The closest ride feeling to me has been my experience with the Mclaren and its hydraulic suspension. The Model X also comes to mind. I simply buy forged aftermarket and drive without issue. I have 21 HREs on the 911 and would argue that the smaller wheel radius is a bunch of fake news promulgated by internet racers. I have a ton of experience at this and I routinely rip 1.4 60's and 9.8s at 140 in the 1/4. with big wheels.

Anyway this really isn't the focus of my post or intent. Simply want to upgrade my factory 20's on my P3D+ to aftermarket and willing to take the initiative to get this done if there are any like minded owners.
I have to trust your assessment.. since I don't have at model 3 yet... fact: larger tires and larger wheels cost more... sounds like your budget can eat them, mine not so much... let us know how things go over the next 20K miles.. you are in LA with nice weather, I'm on the east coast with potholes the size of manhole covers after a nice winter freeze...

• Informative
Reactions: MXWing and outdoors