Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll probably go with either a Michelin or Conti all season from TireRack.. the foam part is not really necessary and I doubt it makes a noticeable difference. A 255/35 will fit on a 9" wide rim, and I looked into it, but .5" diameter (smaller) difference vs stock 20" setup, decided against it.. don't know if I would be adversely affecting the suspension or causing any additional stress on it since the car would be riding about a half inch lower than the PUP option intended.
Some guys are running 265/35/19's on 19x9.5" wheels, I think they would work on 19x9's too at least a 255/35 should work, but I'm not sure I'd want the smaller sidewall either. Maybe the foam isn't a big deal but the tires themselves seem to be different than the non tesla versions. I have heard the tesla versions are made to run higher air pressure and have wider tread.

Some guys are running 265/35/19's on 19x9.5" wheels, I think they would work on 19x9's too at least a 255/35 should work, but I'm not sure I'd want the smaller sidewall either. Maybe the foam isn't a big deal but the tires themselves seem to be different than the non tesla versions. I have heard the tesla versions are made to run higher air pressure and have wider tread.
Not sure about air pressure, I've been running the recommended 42 psi in all my tires for about 5 months without any issues (245/35/20 Continental DWS06 all-season).

I love hearing this!!! 10 to 15% increase in range in the winter is awesome!!! I need to get these for my S !!!
I'm cautiously optimistic about the range increase, that being said he went from a sticky PS4S tire to an all season tire, rolling resistance is definitely going to be reduced. Also I don't know exactly which tire he got but the tread width on a 235x45 is likely narrower than the fat width of the stock ps4s, which would also contribute to rolling resistance. I'm hoping for some range increase in going to 18 but I'm doubtful that I'll get 10-15% if I stick with ps4s and have a similar tread width. Once I get mine I'll post any range findings.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the range increase, that being said he went from a sticky PS4S tire to an all season tire, rolling resistance is definitely going to be reduced. Also I don't know exactly which tire he got but the tread width on a 235x45 is likely narrower than the fat width of the stock ps4s, which would also contribute to rolling resistance. I'm hoping for some range increase in going to 18 but I'm doubtful that I'll get 10-15% if I stick with ps4s and have a similar tread width. Once I get mine I'll post any range findings.
You are probably right, it's too early to tell with only one sample. Either way, I saw a similar outcome on my S going from 21's to 19's with all seasons, more like 10%, but I'm still using the heavy stock wheels which are 10 lbs heavier than the 19's in mono block forged....

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Not sure about air pressure, I've been running the recommended 42 psi in all my tires for about 5 months without any issues (245/35/20 Continental DWS06 all-season).
How do you like these tires, I want to order some in 255/40/19 and yes I know they are 27" vs. 26.4" for stock, mounted on the stock 8.5" wheel width the tires come in at 10" width and are a bit better load rated, the only reason that I had settled on that tire is because all the others were anywhere from 2 to 4 lbs. more each in that size.

Here is mine:

19X9 +35
245/40/19 Michelin A/S 3 all around

DSC05685-Edit.jpg
DSC05675.jpg
_W9A8710-Edit.jpg

How do you like these tires, I want to order some in 255/40/19 and yes I know they are 27" vs. 26.4" for stock, mounted on the stock 8.5" wheel width the tires come in at 10" width and are a bit better load rated, the only reason that I had settled on that tire is because all the others were anywhere from 2 to 4 lbs. more each in that size.
Very happy with the tires, great all around performance including in the snow.

Reactions: gilscales