Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed the OEM Tesla Aero Wheel center hub and lug nut cover on my P3D+ with the Titan 7 wheels. The center hub was a bit loose, I had to widen the wire and push the tabs out a bit to make it fit more snug, hope they stay on. Anyone have other solutions for the center hub and lug nut covers?

HubCover.JPG

I have 18" all season tires on the Titan, so far so good, it rides better, not as rough as the stock 20" wheels, and they handle almost as good for day to day driving. The big plus on the 18" wheels is the range is much better by about 10 to 15% so far.
I love hearing this!!! 10 to 15% increase in range in the winter is awesome!!! I need to get these for my S !!!

That's the setup I'm thinking about doing, only P3d- but that shouldn't matter. The hard part is picking a tire for anything but the stock sizes.
This size tire, with the 19" combo, is the closest in diameter to the stock 20" setup (+.2mm), so it makes sense for me to go with this. Plus I like the fact that it's a bit wider for better traction and has more sidewall for rim protection. Won't look as good but the tradeoff is worth it for me. Not planning to lower due to bad roads in the area, so the ride height should be about the same as a stock P3D+.

Last edited:
This size tire, with the 19" combo, is the closest in diameter to the stock 20" setup (+.2mm), so it makes sense for me to go with this. Plus I like the fact that it's a bit wider for better traction and has more sidewall for rim protection. Won't look as good but the tradeoff is worth it for me. Not planning to lower due to bad roads in the area, so the ride height should be about the same as a stock P3D+.
I agree, what tires are you going to put on it though? I don't think any Michelin with foam will fit on this wheel size. They do make these:
Truck Tires, Car Tires and more – Michelin Tires
I also wonder if 255 wide would fit better or worse, if at all?

I agree, what tires are you going to put on it though? I don't think any Michelin with foam will fit on this wheel size. They do make these:
Truck Tires, Car Tires and more – Michelin Tires
I also wonder if 255 wide would fit better or worse, if at all?
I'll probably go with either a Michelin or Conti all season from TireRack.. the foam part is not really necessary and I doubt it makes a noticeable difference. A 255/35 will fit on a 9" wide rim, and I looked into it, but .5" diameter (smaller) difference vs stock 20" setup, decided against it.. don't know if I would be adversely affecting the suspension or causing any additional stress on it since the car would be riding about a half inch lower than the PUP option intended.