Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had a Tesla Service Center Experience... But...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the Tesla Service center in Santa Clara for the AC smell problem!

They said it will take 4 hours and the cost was about $180 USD. I signed and went to the lobby.

I got free coffee and connected to the free wifi with my iPad and started to watch Netflix.

BUT!!!!! I was interrupted after 1 and 1/2 hours of watching and enjoying my shows by a Tesla Service staff stating “Your car is finished and your bill is on us today. Just need to pay for the filters.” Can’t hate too much.

They said it will take 4 hours and the cost was about $180 USD. I signed and went to the lobby.

I got free coffee and connected to the free wifi with my iPad and started to watch Netflix.

BUT!!!!! I was interrupted after 1 and 1/2 hours of watching and enjoying my shows by a Tesla Service staff stating “Your car is finished and your bill is on us today. Just need to pay for the filters.” Can’t hate too much.
ahhh - a twist!

From what I can gather, service is largely dependent on the number of Teslas in your area.

I live in West Los Angeles. Now that I am looking at the possible purchase of a Model 3, I notice them everywhere.

This morning, when I parked at work, there are four EV charges on my level. Three of them has Tesla M3s in them.

I think people in West LA are having difficulty getting service because there are so many Teslas here. Other places would probably have less problems.

Reactions: RachH

That sounds like awful service to me. I mean let’s go over your service experience:

1.) Said it would take 4 hours. LIES.
2.) Said it would cost $180. LIES.
3.) Interrupted your Netflix session? INSANE.

I’d demand a buyback.

From what I can gather, service is largely dependent on the number of Teslas in your area.

I live in West Los Angeles. Now that I am looking at the possible purchase of a Model 3, I notice them everywhere.

This morning, when I parked at work, there are four EV charges on my level. Three of them has Tesla M3s in them.

I think people in West LA are having difficulty getting service because there are so many Teslas here. Other places would probably have less problems.
In the grand scheme, that is a good problem to have. A co worker is having problem getting her non-tesla EV looked at and the local dealership does not have any staff that understands it so the local dealer MUST do a phone conference call with Nissan Motors engineers... scheduled between 3 parties.

That's awesome, but I wonder why specifically they covered you given the really variable experiences people have had with the AC thing:

1) They liked you personally or more likely, you had goodwill credits on your acct?
2) There was something about your AC problem that they decided was due to a warranty issue/defect?
3) Covering it under a certain mileage?
4) New policy?

I went to the same SC recently for something else and noted the AC problem - they quoted $150ish (don't remember the number off-hand) so I opted to just do it myself and bought the filters from them.

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic

EXACTLY. LA is filled with Model 3s and Teslas in general so yes it can be difficult to get a service appointment.

FYI...They have started doing remote service calls where they send a truck to you instead of having to go into the service center. This depends on what is going on though- as you might guess. This has been helping from what I have heard from my X who needed service on his S.

FYI...They have started doing remote service calls where they send a truck to you instead of having to go into the service center. This depends on what is going on though- as you might guess. This has been helping from what I have heard from my X who needed service on his S.

For the seven years I drove my Roadster, ALL my service was done by a Tesla Ranger who came to my house. A couple of times it was to repair something. Mostly it was the annual maintenance.

ETA: Shame on Tesla for interrupting the OP's NetFlix viewing! :)

Reactions: RachH