Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hallelujah (wiper controls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BillN

May 15, 2022
UK
1681912994240.png

I don’t understand why they don’t make the release notes more comprehensive.

This is literally the most important change, and it’s not mentioned - very odd.
Shhhh, the developers are trying to sneak it by Elon while he is distracted with Twitter. They don't want him to notice a manual override (with physical controls) of a function that is supposed to be totally automated. Only half kidding.

I don’t understand why they don’t make the release notes more comprehensive.

This is literally the most important change, and it’s not mentioned - very odd.

This is why I spend hours and hours reading forums. I've learned two important things this week. The wiper hack which, as you said, is an important change and eliminates one of my bitches about the car. The second insight into my car is that, when sending a voice-to-text response to a text, I can hold the right scroll wheel down and it will read back to me what it heard me say. So I don't have to read my response from the screen, taking my eyes off the road, but can just listen to it and then decide if I need to press once to send or twice to delete and try again.

Shhhh, the developers are trying to sneak it by Elon while he is distracted with Twitter. They don't want him to notice a manual override (with physical controls) of a function that is supposed to be totally automated. Only half kidding.
He'd have a snit and go down the cubicles yelling ALL USER INPUT IS ERROR YOU WOKE ****TARDS and point at some developers and tell them they're fired.

Oh man, I was REALLY hoping for wiper speed control with the customizable scroll wheel update and was disappointed to not see it there. I’ll be stoked if this works and they add it in officially.

Then they’d just need to add manual headlight control, which would be super appreciated as well.

Reactions: Transformer
Oh man, I was REALLY hoping for wiper speed control with the customizable scroll wheel update and was disappointed to not see it there. I’ll be stoked if this works and they add it in officially.

Then they’d just need to add manual headlight control, which would be super appreciated as well.
Me too....had just read about the new left scroll wheel customization and was bummed that the only thing I really wanted it to do (wipers) was not included.
As long as I can push in the left stalk button to activate a wiper swipe and then scroll left and right with the wheel to set my speed (as we all know Auto is useless) then I'll be happy.
Is this a 2023.12.1 feature? Still waiting for that update.

When I got in the car with no passenger just now the screen did not display a target temperature for the passenger side. I pressed down on the passenger seat and it appeared and the climate audibly went up a notch.

Is this a new feature in this release or have I just never noticed before?

When I got in the car with no passenger just now the screen did not display a target temperature for the passenger side. I pressed down on the passenger seat and it appeared and the climate audibly went up a notch.

I think that's always been there. It doesn't turn on climate for the passenger seat unless it thinks someone is sitting in it. Another tweak to help efficiency.

• Funny
Reactions: Mullermn

Been that way for a good while, exactly how long I don't recall.

Reactions: Mullermn

What model do you have? Right now in an older version I have temps for both sides showing even if im the only one in the car. I have a model Y on 2023.6.9