Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Handgun Safe options for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to have a concealed carry option for a handgun safe within easy reach of the driver’s seat. Are there any specifically made for the center console? If not have you installed a reliable safe that doesn’t interfere with legroom? What brand/model fits best. Only need a single gun option. Thank you.

I’d like to have a concealed carry option for a handgun safe within easy reach of the driver’s seat. Are there any specifically made for the center console? If not have you installed a reliable safe that doesn’t interfere with legroom? What brand/model fits best. Only need a single gun option. Thank you.

Wow... how dangerous is it in the US that you need a gun everywhere you go?

Very, nowadays there even are shootings on the freeways (not a daily occurrence, but getting close.) I guess that's why Tesla come up with the bulletproof Cybertruck. Hmmm.... bulletproof CT, biodefense Model S, "fall-out shelter" game.... what's Tesla's thinking? WW3?

Not really all that dangerous and likely the concealed carry will never be used. But why does that matter? On the slim chance they may need it those that choose to carry prefer to be prepared. I also have carried a roadside assistance kit in my car for over 3 decades that I have never had a use for.

Admittedly I did not review the below, but the thread linked appears to be the most active thread for Model 3 firearm storage; given the similarities between the models, I am sure the information contained within the thread (if any) should apply to Model Y.

Firearm storage model 3
Thanks, Louanne, for pointing this thread out to me. The thread unfortunately doesn’t provide practical advice for quick access to the driver. I have a handgun safe under my seat to secure my firearms when I am leaving them in the car. There are quick release safes (based on biometrics) for the center consoles of some cars - specifically built for those cars - that give access at a moment’s notice. I am wondering if those are adaptable to the Model Y, or if there is a generic quick release safe perhaps that bolts to the center console or some part of the seat or driver’s side door and can be accessed without others observing what you are doing?

Not really all that dangerous and likely the concealed carry will never be used. But why does that matter? On the slim chance they may need it those that choose to carry prefer to be prepared. I also have carried a roadside assistance kit in my car for over 3 decades that I have never had a use for.

Just a friendly Canadian who doesn’t understand American gun culture. Good luck :)

I have a CCP however rarely use it. The reality of carrying a weapon is you or someone else are more likely to be hurt in a accident with it than need it to save your life.

Agree, a weapon in a car equal a whole lot of potential liabilities, but is rarely useful. Most shootings are over within seconds, unlikely enough time for one to reach in, unlock the box, get it loaded....etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.