Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m seriously considering installing the harness even though I don’t have the back speakers. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Also, what tools will you be using to take off the panels to install?

I’m thinking the back speakers are mostly for the rear passengers anyway and I don’t care as much about them as the driver (me). Selfish, I know, but it’s true ;)

I’m seriously considering installing the harness even though I don’t have the back speakers. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Also, what tools will you be using to take off the panels to install?

I’m thinking the back speakers are mostly for the rear passengers anyway and I don’t care as much about them as the driver (me). Selfish, I know, but it’s true ;)

The rear speakers are definitely not for the backseat passengers. They provide a surround sound effect.

Just doing the front isn't worth it at all. It'd be like having only a center channel speaker with your Home Audio set up. Which isn't how music is meant to be listened to!

I’m also leaning towards the DIY kit but want to get some reviews from the group if there’s a noticeable improvement. Also am curious if the speakers inside are also used when the alarm goes off and the implications if any if the additional speakers are connected.

The rear speakers are definitely not for the backseat passengers. They provide a surround sound effect.

Just doing the front isn't worth it at all. It'd be like having only a center channel speaker with your Home Audio set up. Which isn't how music is meant to be listened to!

I see your point, but isn’t only having a center channel speaker exactly what I have right now? The harness would still help with the surround effect on the sides, correct?

It might be worth ordering the speakers. There’s a part number in that teslatap link on the first page of this thread. Of course you might need a few wires from those speakers to the plug in the harness at the rear side, but it shouldn’t be super-hard to do.

It might be worth ordering the speakers. There’s a part number in that teslatap link on the first page of this thread. Of course you might need a few wires from those speakers to the plug in the harness at the rear side, but it shouldn’t be super-hard to do.

Thanks for the info, and I could see how this is worthwhile, but I can’t seem to find the part # on that TeslaTap page. I see where it says that the rear consists of 2 4” midranges, but when I scroll up to the “speaker components” (where the part # should be) I don’t see anything for those midrange speakers. Am I just missing it?

Thanks for the info, and I could see how this is worthwhile, but I can’t seem to find the part # on that TeslaTap page. I see where it says that the rear consists of 2 4” midranges, but when I scroll up to the “speaker components” (where the part # should be) I don’t see anything for those midrange speakers. Am I just missing it?

it says 4” mid range rear. Above that is this part number, which would be my guess:
full range 1079742-00-A 4” (100 mm) 3 ohm 33 W

seems like they are the same as the ones in the front dash perhaps:
Everything I've been able to gather about the Model 3's audio system : teslamotors

Looks like around $50 each on eBay though.

Yeesh...and of course currently sold out even if I wanted to purchase. Having never even installed these I’m not even confident I could get the wires set up correctly without a step-by-step video as well.

Thanks for the info but now I’m looking at $200 plus even more work/labor to try to get those things installed. That’s a tough one for me to justify

I put together a plug and play premium audio upgrade. Includes an amplifier to power the 4 front tweeters and 2 rear dash speakers. Plus the OEM 8” subwoofer.
E47E6E0E-E82C-4B3C-AB64-4A0221069582.jpeg