Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the looks of the harness/instructions as well as knowing the dedicated molex connectors for the A pillar tweeters are no longer present in the 2021, I believe the only real differences are step 3 and 6. Instead of inserting a molex that the adapter provides into vacant plugs in the pre 2021, you now have to insert those 2 pairs of wires with male prongs into some empty slots of already connected larger molex connectors.View attachment 648126
I think you're right but the instructions do a terrible job of showing you WHICH slots to plug them into...at least they way I am reading it...(also have a 2021 harness and am trying to figure this out).

I thought I had the same issue, but I realized it's because I'm listening to the music at a quieter volume due to the extra speakers, could that be related?
No it is not that. I had the same volume like did before and everything else is really loud but the woofers are very quite. There is almost no thumping from the doors. Before the installation they were very loud.

No it is not that. I had the same volume like did before and everything else is really loud but the woofers are very quite. There is almost no thumping from the doors. Before the installation they were very loud.

There have been some users throughout the thread a while back who also had issues with the door woofers being very quiet after installing the kit, but they had different versions (I think B and E were the main culprits). I haven't heard this issue for Version F yet. I guess some questions...
  • What year is your car? Does it have the speakers in the rear shelf?
  • How quiet? When you put your hand on the door, can you feel any vibration? Is it subtle or somewhat pronounced?
  • Have you reached out to Hansshow support?

I still have silent rear door speakers (version B). Connected to the DSP and looked at the settings (see pic) and messed a little with them but no change. Do not think there are any loose connectors (and wouldn't it be strange to lose both speakers at the same time?). Is there anyone who has any idea what could be wrong? Faulty DSP? View attachment 649425

That's definitely odd and concerning. Have you tried contacting Hansshow support? You can find their support phone number on their website, they use Whatsapp.

Congrats on the upgrade! Also, I love the look of your Tesla.

About that rear thump... yeah... You might end up like me, uninstalling the DIY harness and going for Version F lol. Either way, enjoy the new sound man!

Idk if I want to go through all that again lol. I think I'm good until I eventually upgrade to an AWD

My ears actually had to adjust to the sound coming out the door and A-pillar speakers. Adjusted balance from dead center ever so slightly to the rear since there's so much sound coming from the front now. It sounds really damn good now too

And thanks! I've modded it exactly how I wanted it (minus black headliner)

Check out this guy’s video of the Hansshow DIY 2021 install

Anyone know the cheapest and easiest way to get speakers for the rear shelf? I’ve got a 2021 model 3 sr+
You can get a complete used rear shelf from eBay or just the speakers from there. Another option is “light harmonic” search Amazon for them for the model 3, plug and play but not the cheapest. Check out my videos on YouTube: HitUpOlas 4DIY . I had also posted Hansshow version F install and the rear deck speaker installation as well earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
There should be a sticky on audio upgrades for the SR+.. With that I have a '21 SR+ and would like to add the rear deck/sub/amp.. Those that have done this would it be easier just getting a complete kit? Any preference over Hanshow or NVX.. Would it better to just to order my own deck speakers/amp/sub and only use their harness? Sorry for the questions, been looking through the pages for answers..

There should be a sticky on audio upgrades for the SR+.. With that I have a '21 SR+ and would like to add the rear deck/sub/amp.. Those that have done this would it be easier just getting a complete kit? Any preference over Hanshow or NVX.. Would it better to just to order my own deck speakers/amp/sub and only use their harness? Sorry for the questions, been looking through the pages for answers..
I am planning the same: I am going to buy the harness (Hanshow or TeslaOffer), and then add an amp+sub or a kit like NVX. (There is another long thread for NVX system.)

Reactions: slapshot264
Hi guys, I will buy soon Hansshow Version F.
But I want to use original Tesla speakers on the rear. So I will buy Version F, and 2 rear original speakers on eBay.

I will drill the rear desk on my SR+ 2021.
But there is a question. I will just have the Hansshow wire. It isn’t the right connector. It is just for Hansshow rear speakers.
Do you think I can solder red and black wire on original speakers ?

B38604BA-E4C6-424F-A273-23B9900E36D4.jpeg

Does anyone know anyone on the Phoenix area who would do the version F upgrade for a 2021. I reached out to a place locally but I would be the Guinea Pig paying by the hour.
Paying good money for someone to use you car as a training tool is definitely not the best idea. Hansshow should have a network of installers so I'm sure they can make a recommendation for someone who's done it.

Hi guys, I will buy soon Hansshow Version F.
But I want to use original Tesla speakers on the rear. So I will buy Version F, and 2 rear original speakers on eBay.

I will drill the rear desk on my SR+ 2021.
But there is a question. I will just have the Hansshow wire. It isn’t the right connector. It is just for Hansshow rear speakers.
Do you think I can solder red and black wire on original speakers ?

View attachment 652134
Yes I got OEMs and soldered without issues