Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Dashboard Touchscreen V2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same experience as brucemod, the latest firmware does not fix the CarPlay echo issues. The calls sound fine on my end but an echo, which makes the conversation almost impossible on the receivers end, is still present. I’m approaching the conclusion that Mr. Big reached awhile ago, just remove the display and be done with it and end the frustration. A expensive mistake but I learned how to take my M3 dash apart!

I have the same experience as brucemod, the latest firmware does not fix the CarPlay echo issues. The calls sound fine on my end but an echo, which makes the conversation almost impossible on the receivers end, is still present. I’m approaching the conclusion that Mr. Big reached awhile ago, just remove the display and be done with it and end the frustration. A expensive mistake but I learned how to take my M3 dash apart!
I m as frusturated as anyone as it applies to the Screen.. I also don't expect Hansshow to ever deliver on its promise of a completely working unit.. In the interim, i suggest you just connect your iphone to the HTS and also to the Tesla via Bluetooth as usual.. DO NOT Connect the HTS to the TESLA-BT. Calls will work as they should, car play is still usable, with the big difference that all navgation audio from CarPlay will come from the HTS tiny speaker

So, in summary, avoid this PoS at all costs? Do glad I found this thread; explains why this PoS is now heavily discounted below $500, with camera, on Amazon right now.
Investigate "Scan My Tesla".

It's GUI isn't nearly as polished, but you have an active community an engaged developer and the ability to view far more information about your vehicle.

It's under $10, but you need to bring your own phone, $50 to $100 OBD2 adapter and a $30 adapter cable.

Too bad. I had such high hopes for this console. Maybe a better one will come along in the future.
FWIW, after 2 months of ownership I am totally satisfied with just the factory center screen in my Model Y. Thought I would miss the gauges being straight ahead, but as it turns out I do not at all. Pleasantly surprised.:)

^^^ Too bad you can't link the CarLink to your car's audio system using Bluetooth. The only way to get audio through your car's speakers is to connect to an AUX input (which doesn't exist on a Model 3) or by using an unused band on car's FM tuner.

^^^ Too bad you can't link the CarLink to your car's audio system using Bluetooth. The only way to get audio through your car's speakers is to connect to an AUX input (which doesn't exist on a Model 3) or by using an unused band on car's FM tuner.
According to the manufacturer you can use bluetooth, and supposedly it uses the same side channel where the phone connects directly to bluetooth bypassing the screen, so you get a better connection. I'll see when it shows up.

^^^ Yes, please let us know if that method works. Below is what I'm reading on their website.

"Plug In Its Power Cable And Choose Between Wired AUX Audio Input Or Use Your Car Stereo’s FM Radio To Listen To CarPlay Through Your Speakers."

That does look nice, and may perhaps block a little less air from the vent.
Regarding carplay though, even if it does support wireless carplay it will have to use Bluetooth to communicate the audio stream to the Tesla system so you will still be limited to compressed Bluetooth audio quality. Genuine Apple Carplay uses WiFi for the audio link and therefore is able to maintain a CD quality audio stream, 48kbps/16bit.

Only if you don't care about HVAC on the driver's side. This PoS blocks 90% of the air.
Now that I've removed the screen from my car, it's way more apparent how it affects the HVAC efficiency. The Model 3's system was not designed to have over 90% of the driver's side vent blocked by an object, and it seems that Hansshow admits to this now that they have a smaller version available. Even with the smaller screen, it still blocks about 75% of the vent. BTW, if you examine the far left side of the vent, you'll see that there's about an inch of the grid that doesn't not allow air to pass through which in itself shrinks the size of the actual opening. Although I don't like cold air blowing directly into my face, I have it set so I get a breath of cold air which was impossible with the screen in place. Before any of you think of buying one of these, tape up the vent opening and see how it affects the HVAC system, and also consider it still doesn't work as advertised despite its latest software updates.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt and jebinc