Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Mini dash display 5.16"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That appears to be an older version, it's labelled as v2.0 and my 5" screen came with v3.0. Although I don't like the animated roadway, and they didn't fix the MP/H typo so I might try going back to 2.0 so I can see what those curved meters were displaying. Every pic I have seen of them the language wasn't in English

I know, I’m very disappointed about it, not sure what I can do, I can’t reach out to Hansshow as I didn’t buy it directly from them.

Maybe there’s a firmware update, if anyone finds a newer version than this please let me know:View attachment 921187
Why do u need to buy it directly from them? I mean u should be able to ask them for a link to the website where the latest firmware is located. It's not like the firmware should cost money and just because u have the link to the firmware, it would be useless unless u have the hardware. I would just ask them anyways. I highly doubt that they will ask for your order number as long as you have the compatible hardware.

Why do u need to buy it directly from them? I mean u should be able to ask them for a link to the website where the latest firmware is located. It's not like the firmware should cost money and just because u have the link to the firmware, it would be useless unless u have the hardware. I would just ask them anyways. I highly doubt that they will ask for your order number as long as you have the compatible hardware.
I have now asked them, and this is their reply:

”Regarding the issue of automatic driving, the blue bar, the software engineer is still testing the software, and will send it to you after the test software is available”

So looks like a new firmware is in the pipeline!

I have replied asking them if it is possible to add the TACC set speed, bit of a long shot but worth a try.

Reactions: flai54
Apologies if this is completely unrelated. I just wanted to share another options. I threw this little sucker in and it has a very small footprint and display very basic very clearly and in probably the best visible location. nothing new,just a slightly newer version. I got it for like $20 from AliExpress but I think Amazon has slightly different version for $35.
20230326_102154.jpg
Screenshot_20230326_102946_AliExpress.jpg

I like the second display so I can watch Netflix or whichever and still see how my charging is going w/o bringing out the iPhone. It's also nice to always see my tire pressure w/o losing the display of what's playing in the car.

I like the second display so I can watch Netflix or whichever and still see how my charging is going w/o bringing out the iPhone. It's also nice to always see my tire pressure w/o losing the display of what's playing in the car.
I don't sit waiting in my car while it's charging. There are more useful things to do, like running errands or getting something to eat (and never in the car).

What's it show when you are charging? Would be interesting if it did something with the display when you are not driving

When the car is off, it's blank and when on, it display the range. Once moving, it will switch over to speed and also display RDN and headlight if on. After certain speed, the RDN and headlight goes away and only speed is displayed. I would prefer for these to stay displayed but whatever

Apologies if this is completely unrelated. I just wanted to share another options. I threw this little sucker in and it has a very small footprint and display very basic very clearly and in probably the best visible location. nothing new,just a slightly newer version. I got it for like $20 from AliExpress but I think Amazon has slightly different version for $35.View attachment 921807View attachment 921808
Yeah i had one of these, it was basically a gateway drug that lead to me getting the 5.16” screen! 😂

Reactions: mmyers300
I guess the real question is....why?
After a couple weeks, you won't miss the instrument cluster so much.
I've had the car for going on two years, and I still miss an integrated IP. It is at least as annoying as I thought it would be.

(and so ... I'm doing the "phone charging mount, phone runs an app" solution. This sort of solution also looks good ... I just wish I could run JBV1 on it)

Apologies if this is completely unrelated. I just wanted to share another options. I threw this little sucker in and it has a very small footprint and display very basic very clearly and in probably the best visible location. nothing new,just a slightly newer version. I got it for like $20 from AliExpress but I think Amazon has slightly different version for $35.View attachment 921807View attachment 921808
I am confused what is the point. I mean I have seen those mini display instrument clusters. I mean while its great it can tell you the speed, any signals or lights or whatever but it doesn't provide you enough information like some of the cool features like when you are using Autopilot with the blue lines. It doesn't show your regenerative braking bars. It doesn't show your odometer or Autopilot car distances. The $20 mini display is great if you just want to be able to see your speed and your signals when you are driving and that is it. I personally think even the 4.6 inch display is better than just the mini display cluster that displays enough information to make it worth it especially since those displays are upgradable with new firmware.

I have now asked them, and this is their reply:

”Regarding the issue of automatic driving, the blue bar, the software engineer is still testing the software, and will send it to you after the test software is available”

So looks like a new firmware is in the pipeline!

I have replied asking them if it is possible to add the TACC set speed, bit of a long shot but worth a try.
Glad to hear that there is an upcoming firmware fix for the issue. Hopefully they continue to add more features. I wish UI1 would include your car distance measurement as well. I prefer UI1 but it doesn't include the car distance measurement unlike UI2.

Reactions: teaston
I am confused what is the point. I mean I have seen those mini display instrument clusters. I mean while its great it can tell you the speed, any signals or lights or whatever but it doesn't provide you enough information like some of the cool features like when you are using Autopilot with the blue lines. It doesn't show your regenerative braking bars. It doesn't show your odometer or Autopilot car distances. The $20 mini display is great if you just want to be able to see your speed and your signals when you are driving and that is it. I personally think even the 4.6 inch display is better than just the mini display cluster that displays enough information to make it worth it especially since those displays are upgradable with new firmware.

100% agree with everything. I do like the 5" a lot and had this mini display already on order before taking delivery this past saturday. So far, it has been useful and the only thing i really would like to see is the regen bar bc it's all new to me. Eventually though, i don't see my monitoring it much if at all.

100% agree with everything. I do like the 5" a lot and had this mini display already on order before taking delivery this past saturday. So far, it has been useful and the only thing i really would like to see is the regen bar bc it's all new to me. Eventually though, i don't see my monitoring it much if at all.
When you are saying regen bar are you referring to the 5" display? Isn't it already live in the provided firmware?

When you are saying regen bar are you referring to the 5" display? Isn't it already live in the provided firmware?

sorry, i was referring to the the mini vent display. That for me, the only info/data that I feel is missing is the regen bar. Otherwise, my driving experience, i just need to see the speedo bc i don't really do any of the other autopilot fancy stuff (yet)

sorry, i was referring to the the mini vent display. That for me, the only info/data that I feel is missing is the regen bar. Otherwise, my driving experience, i just need to see the speedo bc i don't really do any of the other autopilot fancy stuff (yet)
The mini vent display does not have enough room for the regen bar. Its asking a lot for such a tiny screen. I mean I get it...for $30 its does the job ok but honestly a 4.6" screen is like $100 or less if you buy it from Aliexpress and its way worth it to spend the extra money to upgrade to that for the long term.