Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Mini dash display 5.16"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the display installed yesterday, pretty painless process thanks to a youtube video. Works fine. Honestly I don't really want it there (it blocks the "blast my face" AC vent) but my wife insisted on it as a condition of buying the car due to her peripheral vision issue.

Reactions: Kupe
Got the display installed yesterday, pretty painless process thanks to a youtube video. Works fine. Honestly I don't really want it there (it blocks the "blast my face" AC vent) but my wife insisted on it as a condition of buying the car due to her peripheral vision issue.
If your wife's peripheral view is so limited that she can not see the speedo on the main screen, is it then a good idea that she is driving on the road where you risk hitting someone if your "viewing angle" is that limited ?

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: bpobill and israndy
Got this message a couple times today. However the drive home no message. Not sure what's going on. This is on 2023 Model Y with about 3,000 miles.

Probably will make a service appointment to have them check it out... Should I remove this mini dash screen before bringing it in??
I would, since it plugs into the wiring harness, but that’s just me. I wouldn’t want to give them any reason to void my warranty.

I have had great luck with all my modifications still living on the car when I get it serviced. They did forget to re-attach my auto-frunk once and I had to complain, then they plugged it in backwards and it wouldn't stay closed. That was fun as I picked up my car at 2am and the whole crew was waiting for my car to be finished so they could go home...

If you are worried, just pop the display off and put the original piece back, no need to unhook it from the computer unless you think they are gonna work on that, but I think they understand that people will hook things to their cars...

After installing it, a few days later this happened. I believe it due to the heat of the interior (100+ deg). It started out small but begins to spread out. Hanshow was able to replace it, but the 2nd unit had the same issue. I guess just make sure to keep it cool during summer time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_1442.png
    IMG_1442.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 196
After installing it, a few days later this happened. I believe it due to the heat of the interior (100+ deg). It started out small but begins to spread out. Hanshow was able to replace it, but the 2nd unit had the same issue. I guess just make sure to keep it cool during summer time. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Do you use a sunshade, or leave it directly in the sun? Just curious, as I have had mine for a while now and never leave it exposed. My car is garage kept and when parked outside, I always use a shade. Have not had this issue… so far.

Do you use a sunshade, or leave it directly in the sun? Just curious, as I have had mine for a while now and never leave it exposed. My car is garage kept and when parked outside, I always use a shade. Have not had this issue… so far.
My house only have a driveway so it’s outside 100% of the time. I just recently bought a sunshade for the windshield and the glass roof. I’m sure it probably helps, but unfortunately once it happens, if the interior reaches over 100 deg, the product will suffers from this defect.

My house only have a driveway so it’s outside 100% of the time. I just recently bought a sunshade for the windshield and the glass roof. I’m sure it probably helps, but unfortunately once it happens, if the interior reaches over 100 deg, the product will suffers from this defect.
Where I live it will hit 130 degrees outside, and it’s regularly that in the car these days, even with the sunshade. I also have a roof shade. So, unless I’m driving, the sun doesn’t hit my display. I can only imagine that getting hit with that much direct sunlight and heat, can’t be good for the display.

Where I live it will hit 130 degrees outside, and it’s regularly that in the car these days, even with the sunshade. I also have a roof shade. So, unless I’m driving, the sun doesn’t hit my display. I can only imagine that getting hit with that much direct sunlight and heat, can’t be good for the display.
Yeah! Your display would definitely melt in that heat. I now have my cabin protection on at 100 deg. The replacement display also suffer the same fate after forgetting to use the sunshade for a few hrs at 75-80 outside temp. 🫤

Attachments

• IMG_1483.png
    IMG_1483.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 104
I have the same issue. Installed it and then my car was at the body shop to get the rear hatch replaced. Got it back today and I have the same spot on the top right and bottom left. I guess I’ll have to reach out for replacement.

I have the same issue. Installed it and then my car was at the body shop to get the rear hatch replaced. Got it back today and I have the same spot on the top right and bottom left. I guess I’ll have to reach out for replacem
I have the same issue. Installed it and then my car was at the body shop to get the rear hatch replaced. Got it back today and I have the same spot on the top right and bottom left. I guess I’ll have to reach out for replacement.
Was your car left outside in the sun? If it’s still within your 30 days I think they will replace it for you.

Not yet. Honestly I haven’t even installed the latest update. Got all focused on my CanServer display strategy. Some really cool things that *could* be displayed like MaxBattCellTemp or even UIGrade would be cool. I always look at KWHtoChargeComplete. Would love it if these displays handled signals on the buss they already read and display info from

Last edited:
Just picked this up from:

Change the .zip to .rar before opening. I see the usual update is still 230330, which still shows MP/H in the good UI

Hoping this update will fix it, but I am not hopeful. I can't believe they make much money from each display they sell, if they would just make good changes to the software I'd be glad to send them $5...

Attachments

• Model 3Y 5.16'' Display Upgrade software 960x480_V3.0.230423.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 55