Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has any S been driven to shutdown? (other than Broder's)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

I'm very curious; I don't know of any Model S that has been driven to the point where it shuts down other than Mr. Broder's example. Does that make him the only "customer" in the world that has needed to be flatbeded because they drove the car until it stopped itself?

It would be kind of nice to start my discussions on the whole NYT article with, "Well, so far, Mr Broder is the only person in the world that has managed to run the Model S until it had to be flatbeded.".

Peter

Well I think dmetcalf did drive his battery all the way down down to zero when he did his 400+ range trip. (Although there may have beem someenergy elft in the car) I know that he did did a flatbed to tow his car, but this hardly counts.

He did not drive his battery all the way down. He simply told the tow truck driver to meet him somewhere and he waited for him. He said that he likely could have got another 25-50 miles out of it if he kept driving.

I did drive mine to 0 on my second day of owning it with no warnings of shutting down. That was in November with older software coming home from the factory. (Thanks for the charge Lloyd. You saved the day). It did freak us out a bit but the car was still going.

Thanks for the replies guys,

I'd still love to hear if someone has had this happen also, but for now it sounds like I am safe starting these conversations out with:

Well, first realize that there are about 5000 of these cars put on the out so far, and he is the first person who's managed to run the car till he had to be towed.

I think that sets the right tone for the rest of the conversation :)

Peter

My buddy drove his to shut down last week. But it was 100% his fault and he knows this. What he found (and this is the sort of information that is either really good to know or really bad to know) is that he was able to go about another 15 miles or so past when his range read "0". But when it shut down it was completely down. Flatbed tow home.

My buddy drove his to shut down last week. But it was 100% his fault and he knows this. What he found (and this is the sort of information that is either really good to know or really bad to know) is that he was able to go about another 15 miles or so past when his range read "0". But when it shut down it was completely down. Flatbed tow home.

This is now know as "brodering" one's car.

Do you happen to know if he also had the same issues with the parking break lock on?