Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anybody been able to get through to Tesla???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I send them emails with read receipts and the read them and don't reply.

"Read receipts" are not at all a reliable indication of anything. They're not part of any email standard, many systems don't support them, some will acknowledge with a positive reply as soon as they're received by the system but without having been seen by a human, etc.

They're basically meaningless.

Reactions: ProfessorK
What my reg number is, so I can get some insurance.

and am I good to go? I have no confirmation that my payment has been received - I was supposed to get an email. I can see my payment in the page source code but no got no ackowledgement ...

There’s no reason you can’t arrange insurance on arrival at the SC... though it’ll really screw with Tesla’s 15 minute delivery window!

They seem to think they can just call the shots and are oblivious to the other pieces that have to fall into place.

What my reg number is, so I can get some insurance.

and am I good to go? I have no confirmation that my payment has been received - I was supposed to get an email. I can see my payment in the page source code but no got no ackowledgement ...
They probably don't know your reg number, people got given it latest yesterday for today, I would expect the same for tomorrows delivery, the cars seem to be getting delivered a day before due, so they can't really give them a reg until they turn up. No point waiting on the phone for that

Reactions: Rooster6655
"Read receipts" are not at all a reliable indication of anything. They're not part of any email standard, many systems don't support them, some will acknowledge with a positive reply as soon as they're received by the system but without having been seen by a human, etc.

They're basically meaningless.

Nowadays read receipts are generally web beacons which by their very nature are as close to 100% reliable as you can get.

Inline email CSS for the win in this case.

And even if they were reliable, a read receipt would be completely meaningless in a corporate environment you're unfamiliar with the processes for.

eg. Tesla could have one person who opens every email immediately when it comes in and sorts it into a bucket for a relevant person to reply to. That wouldn't mean "ha, they've read it and just thought screw it, not replying to this one".

eg. Tesla could have an email system that caches remote images in emails when they come in.

etc etc

So over the past few weeks, folks were complaining about the broad window that Tesla was giving.

Now that the cars are coming, fast and furious, you may start to understand why they did it that way.

The are going for the biggest bang for buck. Get the most cars delivered in the least time, to get the most people happy.

Trust me, they aren't answering phones. They are all out delivering to customer who are able to pickup their car.

Reactions: Rooster6655