Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone broken through the contracts/paperwork "freeze" yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else in TX other than LonestarV received their MVPA yet?

I am in the same boat as many previous posters. No trade-in cash customer with a VIN going on 16 days now. I keep emailing my ISA and get the same apologetic response that the contracts team is behind and there is nothing she can do. It almost seems that the Texas contracts have been put on the bottom of the stack

at least your ISA replies. mine doesnt pick up my calls or answer my emails anymore. i haven't even really been blowing him up either, just once every 2 days i'm asking as nicely as possible if there is any update. i'm about to not be so nice anymore.

My ISA called to say that contract was not ready. This is for pickup on Aug 1st in Raleigh, North Carolina. Also she checked in some GPS system and found out that the car got transported to Charlotte, NC instead of Raleigh, NC. New pickup date is Aug 9th in Raleigh, NC.

I keep getting answers from my ISA (which is a positive), but the answer every time is "very soon!". It's been this same answer for a week now.

I got a VIN and got the money together almost 2 weeks ago, which is now just sitting in my account waiting to be paid to Tesla. Frustrating.
I just got pushed back a week for delivery.

I don't know what the problem is.

I went to a Tesla store today after being pushed back and there were a number of customers there trying to keep up their passion after being pushed back a 3rd and 4th time...etc.

Someone has to be able to do something besides Elon. Why is it that he seems to be the only one available to dictate getting something done? I don't know what to do.

Maybe I'll tweet Elon and try to convince him to take my money.

I just got pushed back a week for delivery.

I don't know what the problem is.

I went to a Tesla store today after being pushed back and there were a number of customers there trying to keep up their passion after being pushed back a 3rd and 4th time...etc.

Someone has to be able to do something besides Elon. Why is it that he seems to be the only one available to dictate getting something done? I don't know what to do.

Maybe I'll tweet Elon and try to convince him to take my money.

I've brought this up in other threads. Its really unfortunate they didn't build up the infrastructure to support the deliveries. They should have been scaling this while they scaled production.

at least your ISA replies. mine doesnt pick up my calls or answer my emails anymore. i haven't even really been blowing him up either, just once every 2 days i'm asking as nicely as possible if there is any update. i'm about to not be so nice anymore.
I've got a baaaad feeling that TX priority is slipping because it's not a "delivery now" and they might be able to book them late in quarter like CA deliveries because the car is bought before it's shipped, so TX stuff is a late quarter push....but we don't see them until 1-2 weeks later? I don't know if that is true of the accounting.
I've brought this up in other threads. Its really unfortunate they didn't build up the infrastructure to support the deliveries. They should have been scaling this while they scaled production.
They have been building it up over time. But it's steep ramp, and also laying out cash and increasing overhead commitments is risky without the production to use it, so you have to sort of time that, too.

Last edited:
My ISA called to say that contract was not ready. This is for pickup on Aug 1st in Raleigh, North Carolina. Also she checked in some GPS system and found out that the car got transported to Charlotte, NC instead of Raleigh, NC. New pickup date is Aug 9th in Raleigh, NC.

We pick up in Raleigh on Sat (8/4), and are coming from over 3hrs away. Looks like we need to get on the phone to make sure our car is on the lot, and if they're able to push out a contract on the day of delivery! Between a planned vacation and a work trip we wouldn't be able to pick up the car until the 14th.

We're doing a "cash" purchase (Lightstream - loan was funded this morning), so we don't need the contract for funding at least.

We pick up in Raleigh on Sat (8/4), and are coming from over 3hrs away. Looks like we need to get on the phone to make sure our car is on the lot, and if they're able to push out a contract on the day of delivery! Between a planned vacation and a work trip we wouldn't be able to pick up the car until the 14th.

We're doing a "cash" purchase (Lightstream - loan was funded this morning), so we don't need the contract for funding at least.
ISA may give a call ~48 hours before delivery. If not, I would call them a day before delivery and ask about contract and vehicle location. I would also ask if the vehicle passed final inspection/review at delivery location, and color/configs of the vehicle.

BTW, VIN# from my tesla account dis-appeared today. Wondering if Tesla would honor new delivery date :( . I am doing cash purchase and no trade-in.

Just wanted to post my experience here too to give some California context (sorry not TX)

07/29 : ISA contact, VIN assigned
07/31 : MVPA available on website, able to electronically pay
08/02 : Delivery scheduled.

Seems like contract delays are getting better based on my experience.

Just wanted to post my experience here too to give some California context (sorry not TX)

07/29 : ISA contact, VIN assigned
07/31 : MVPA available on website, able to electronically pay
08/02 : Delivery scheduled.

Seems like contract delays are getting better based on my experience.

When compared to mine... your timeline seems... different. I've been awaiting contract finalization since 7/18. No word yet. I'm in TX though I can't fathom how that makes a difference in getting to the MVPA available on website and able to pay stage. I'll keep waiting though!

YIKES OK that seems weird. Any word from the ISA?

last time i spoke to him was last thursday where he said he had no ETA and has no control over the contracts team. i emailed and called friday but have received no response yet. i'm trying to remain patient as i understand it is probably out of his control. but with each day that goes by, i do lose a little more patience. when i spoke to my isa on 7/18 and he told me things should happen quickly and to expect delivery 8/2, i did start planning around that timeline - selling my existing car, etc. now all of that is in limbo as i have no eta at all as of this moment.

@jlawzy The biggest difference is since we are in TX, they won't (can't) ship the car out of CA until full payment is received. @miltymoots 's may very well already be waiting at his delivery center.

I messaged my Tesla rep this morning, I haven't contacted them much recently, because I don't want to bother them, and I'm sure they have probably dozens of people saying the same things. He did give me an update on my stuff though.

For context, I'm in the DFW area of Texas, I've been waiting on a contract since 7/17. I have not paid for the car yet, but I am in the process of delivering a guarantee of title to Tesla, via my lender. I asked if that would have any affect on my delivery and this was the response I received:

Hi Ryan,

I do understand the situation you are facing.
All we’re waiting on is for your contract to be generated.
You are in the queue, we just don’t know where, since they got backlogged.
I can say that your vehicle is in transit, enroute to Dallas- Cedar Springs.
Estimated ETA looks like 8/6/18, and that is also tentative, as it could change depending on logistics.
Other than that information, there is nothing more I can say at this point.
When your contract is done, they will send it to you, so keep checking your MyTesla Account.

Thanks for being patient Ryan.

Hopefully this helps someone else.

• Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire