Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone else had issues with the Regular Summon after recent updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on a 2018 Model 3 performance and I've been using summon in my garage since I got the car. It's had its quirks but recently it won't work for parking my car in. It leaves way too much space in the front now which is completely clear. This is pretty apparent to me since I've been using summon almost daily for the past 3 years at this point and have never had this issue using summon to park my car in. Nothing has changed regarding the garage arrangement.

I think this started happening 2 updates ago when I got back from vacation (currently on v10.2). To double confirm we tested this with my wife's model 3 and I'm seeing the same behavior.

I am able to summon the car out when it's in the garage however.

I'm curious if anyone has had these same issues recently.

Not sure what you mean by v10.2: the latest firmware update is in the 2021.24.X (I updated to 2021.24.11 today).

And I actually have been experiencing BETTER summon since updating to one of the 2021.24.X versions.

I'm on a 2018 Model 3 performance and I've been using summon in my garage since I got the car. It's had its quirks but recently it won't work for parking my car in. It leaves way too much space in the front now which is completely clear. This is pretty apparent to me since I've been using summon almost daily for the past 3 years at this point and have never had this issue using summon to park my car in. Nothing has changed regarding the garage arrangement.

I think this started happening 2 updates ago when I got back from vacation (currently on v10.2). To double confirm we tested this with my wife's model 3 and I'm seeing the same behavior.

I am able to summon the car out when it's in the garage however.

I'm curious if anyone has had these same issues recently.
Have you checked summon distance settings
Maybe something happened to your settings with one of the updates

I had an issue where the forward and back would work but the smart summon wouldn't work (always "warming up"). I had a ticket with tesla for next week and wanted them to look at it so I sent a message under the ticket that my summon was not working. About 30 minutes later my car was pending an update to 2021.24.11 (maybe a coincidence). Installing the update fixed summon for me.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Not sure what you mean by v10.2: the latest firmware update is in the 2021.24.X (I updated to 2021.24.11 today).

And I actually have been experiencing BETTER summon since updating to one of the 2021.24.X versions.
Sorry version is 2021.32.10

Have you checked summon distance settings
Maybe something happened to your settings with one of the updates
I did. It's set to min distance for front and tight. Settings didn't change
I had an issue where the forward and back would work but the smart summon wouldn't work (always "warming up"). I had a ticket with tesla for next week and wanted them to look at it so I sent a message under the ticket that my summon was not working. About 30 minutes later my car was pending an update to 2021.24.11 (maybe a coincidence). Installing the update fixed summon for me.
Seems like I may have a newer update than some of you. How do you open a ticket with Tesla?

I have had the same issue with my Model Y for a few months. Occasionally, if I would go back or forward a short distance I could then use Smart Summon. Otherwise I will either get Warming Up or Summon Not Available at this time.

I have had the same issue with my Model Y for a few months. Occasionally, if I would go back or forward a short distance I could then use Smart Summon. Otherwise I will either get Warming Up or Summon Not Available at this time.
My issue isn't even with smart summon. It's dumb ol regular summon that's worked well for me for the past 3 years.

Here are some photos. Keep in mind I have never had an issue with this for the 3 yrs I have owned the car since these recent updates.
Also it's happening with my wife's Model 3 as well. There is more than 38 inches of space between the front bumper and the front of the space

Attachments

• 20210916_180614.jpg
    20210916_180614.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 20210916_180814.jpg
    20210916_180814.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 20210916_180140.jpg
    20210916_180140.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 112
From the phone app
You could try calling roadside support if it's not an emergency, or immobilized car issue the call is transferred to service
at least that's what happened in NZ last time I needed to talk to service, not sure about US
welp, I opened a service ticket for mobile service with the notes. They have a software section. Hoping someone reaches out about it. At the very least It'd be great if I can rollback a couple of updates. Don't think i'll leave my update settings to "advanced" again

I have a 2018 Model 3 and I've also been having issues with regular Summon and Autopark in my tight garage since the 2021.24.5 update. I keep immediately upgrading as soon as a new update comes out, and I'm now on 2021.32.21 and it is still not fixed. Previously pulling the car in or out with Summon worked 95% of the time on the first try. Now the car stops at the entrance of the garage and won't move out at all if it's already parked inside, so I have to climb in/out the window. It's definitely not the app because it does the same thing with the on-screen Autopark feature. I've turned all of the settings on and off in the car and made sure it is still set to tight and 8 inch clearance all with no success, so it would appear it's not respecting those settings anymore. I hope they patch this soon.

I have a 2018 Model 3 and I've also been having issues with regular Summon and Autopark in my tight garage since the 2021.24.5 update. I keep immediately upgrading as soon as a new update comes out, and I'm now on 2021.32.21 and it is still not fixed. Previously pulling the car in or out with Summon worked 95% of the time on the first try. Now the car stops at the entrance of the garage and won't move out at all if it's already parked inside, so I have to climb in/out the window. It's definitely not the app because it does the same thing with the on-screen Autopark feature. I've turned all of the settings on and off in the car and made sure it is still set to tight and 8 inch clearance all with no success, so it would appear it's not respecting those settings anymore. I hope they patch this soon.

My thoughts as well. It's def not the app. Had no real issues until a recent firmware update. I just updated to the latest They changed some of the algorithm where it's now being overly cautious. Funny because I have the opposite issue as you. I can pull it out easily, but it refuses to park in (as shown in my images. It's kind of interesting because I would have thought more people would have this issue.

I recommend you open a service ticket. The more of us that report this to Tesla the more likely they may be to fix it. It's really annoying since it's affecting my everyday.

I have the same issues I'm seeing from all of you about the Summon / Smart Summon not working. I have a 2017 S with the new computer and Version 2021.36.5.1, which I guess is the latest and greatest. Tried using it today and it would work off and on. Mostly it said it couldn't connect to the car or the COME TO TARGET never lit up. I then got the latest update on the Tesla app and rebooted the car...still the same. I opened a service ticket and a mobile tech is coming this Friday. I'll let everyone know

I am having issues with summon as well on my 18X. It worked great since birth until September. I used it daily and even after many updates and calls to Tesla, still no success. They say it’s the firmware. No other solution is offered. The helplessness on their part is obvious and concerning.

My issue isn't even with smart summon. It's dumb ol regular summon that's worked well for me for the past 3 years.
My 18X is having the same problem. Smart summon never reliable and now regular summon out of order with no firmware fix coming through after 3 months. Feeling like I paid a lot of money to be a lab rat.

So I've been trying and trying with every update hoping it will finally be fixed. It has been pulling out successfully with the past few updates. Now, with the holiday 2021.44.25.2 update my Model 3 will NEARLY make it into my garage but stops a foot short of where I need it to be, which is so frustrating. I have it set to 8 inch clearance, but it seems to be stopping about 2 feet from the wall. I can see the screen inside is showing around 13 inches of clearance when it is stopping. I really wish they would just copy the old code back.

So I've been trying and trying with every update hoping it will finally be fixed. It has been pulling out successfully with the past few updates. Now, with the holiday 2021.44.25.2 update my Model 3 will NEARLY make it into my garage but stops a foot short of where I need it to be, which is so frustrating. I have it set to 8 inch clearance, but it seems to be stopping about 2 feet from the wall. I can see the screen inside is showing around 13 inches of clearance when it is stopping. I really wish they would just copy the old code back.
Perhaps there is something else other than 'code' because i can summon my car into my garage 99 times out of 100. Maybe it depends on the angle of approach? Not sure, but if it was code then it would affect everyone I am guessing. What about side clearance? Any issues there? Do you have it set to 'narrow'?