Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone gotten their $3.5K back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then I wonder what their "refund" option meant, per your first reply.
I see what you mean now. You literally asked them to "deconfigure" and go back in time to where you were with a $1K deposit and an invitation to configure, which you would now do with AWD, and they are not budging.

Yes, clarity on the "refund" would be nice. Even though you, like me, are not asking to cancel your reservation and refund the $3.5K, it is helpful to know whether that's on the table.

Called Customer Support and Roadside Assistance number for an unrelated issue (unable to change primary email on the account). Was on hold for a while, but that was alright because I started reading about OSM being the new nav platform. Weird, but exciting.

When the CSR eventually came on line, he heard me out, tried it on his personal Tesla account and confirmed the feature is not working. Promised to both have the email changed for me on the back end and to raise this with the tech support.

At the end of the call, almost as an afterthought, I asked the question that is the original subject.

He said sure, they'll refund the deposit. I made a point of clarifying I am talking about $3.5K, not $1K. He said Sales will do it (not Delivery whom I originally called and who have too many excited customers on the line to take my call), and he can transfer me to them. I said thank you, not yet.

FWIW.