Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone realized how profoundly FSD will disrupt Real Estate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tire wear and tear and energy usage would be atrocious but governments would also introduce new taxes and fees if people were actually doing this, not only because road maintenance costs would increase but to replace lost property tax revenues.

Why wouldn’t you just buy an RV and set up shop somewhere stationary lol
That’s what I was thinking! Why the hell would you want it driving around all the time rather than just parking it somewhere and then moving as needed.

Reactions: APotatoGod
I don't know if I would want this thing driving around a Neighborhood with no one at the wheel.
RVs get into accidents, and that's because of people at the wheel. It's the same deal as with passenger vehicles; if FSD is statistically better than people, then it could be used by everyone. Certainly by those who have demonstrated that they're below average in ability.

1718799993966.png

Lots of fancy words here. The derivative of position is velocity.

I think you need to invert your statement: when velocity is zero you’re stopped and do need to pay rent.

(Side note: people generally take ideas more seriously when you avoid obfuscating the message with unnecessary technical terms like “time derivative of your position”. Just say “speed”)
You beat me to it.

The point is: If you live in your vehicle, you don't need a house.

What the post says: If you're not moving, you don't have to pay for a house.

Also, "time derivative" is a term that refers to the slope of any variable versus time, not necessarily position.

I genuinely wish I had the same experience!
FSD has to be trusted. It takes time to learn to trust it. There are very few things that it won't do if you just trust it.

For example, stopped postal delivery vehicle on two-lane road with oncoming traffic. The car slows, then stops, waits for the opposing traffic to pass and then moves into the center of the road, passes the postal vehicle and moves back into the lane.

Most people would assume that it doesn't work and just disengage.

FSD has to be trusted. It takes time to learn to trust it. There are very few things that it won't do if you just trust it.

For example, stopped postal delivery vehicle on two-lane road with oncoming traffic. The car slows, then stops, waits for the opposing traffic to pass and then moves into the center of the road, passes the postal vehicle and moves back into the lane.

Most people would assume that it doesn't work and just disengage.

Sure, but it depends on your definition of 'work'.

FSD sat behind a clearly stopped UPS truck for almost a full minute before deciding to move into the other lane and continue. If it takes significantly longer but still makes the correct decision, that does not signify that it works (to me). If it creeps at 10MPH around town but makes all the correct decisions, that isn't what I paid for!