Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of those of us who are waiting for 100D deliveries...
  • Has anyone already paid for their undelivered 100D?
  • Has anyone already sold the vehicle the 100D will be replacing, and are short a vehicle, and now renting a car until the 100D is available?
  • Has anyone already received Tesla and/or 3rd party trade-in quotes, that will likely expire before Tesla will deliver the 100Ds?

1) No.
2) Yes. But that was my choice. I received an offer on my last Tesla and took it. But never sell a car before the new one is delivered. Unfortunately things happen that can delay delivery.
3) No.

Thanks Erik

• Has anyone already sold the vehicle the 100D will be replacing, and are short a vehicle, and now renting a car until the 100D is available?
  • Has anyone already received Tesla and/or 3rd party trade-in quotes, that will likely expire before Tesla will deliver the 100Ds?
Yes, no, no. I have my gas guzzling 18 MPG muscle car up for sale, but will keep driving it and laying waste to the planet until I get my 100D

• Funny
Reactions: GSP
  • No
  • No
  • No

Yes I have paid for mine. I was supposed to pick up the new S100D on the 3rd. My window to pay with a confirmed trade in amount for my car showed up and I paid the evening of 2/28, I am trading in a 2 year old S85D. So I am still driving it. I asked my DS about the trade value going down and he said don't worry about it that Tesla would honor the trade in quote. So at this point I have paid in full and will give them my car and pick up the new one. We will see what happens. At this rate I might be driving my trade in for a while.

Our X100D is scheduled for delivery this coming Thursday, and this evening a "Pay Now" button showed up on My Tesla. I'm not going to pay till Thursday morning, after conforming delivery with our DS.
We were not going to trade anything, so the other two things do not apply to us.
It looks like everyone here is a model S buyer, any model X 100D people in this group who are expecting a delivery soon or whose car is waiting at the delivery center?

Last edited:
Have not paid but turned in my M3 (BMW) before the trade in quote expired. However I am now a minivan driver. My wife wont give up her car.... LOL

The Tesla has a VIN and is scheduled for production "soon" (who knows when). It looks like 8.1 will be out before I see it.

Phil

• Has anyone already received Tesla and/or 3rd party trade-in quotes, that will likely expire before Tesla will deliver the 100Ds
No.
No.
No.

Our X100D is scheduled for delivery this coming Thursday, and this evening a "Pay Now" button showed up on My Tesla. I'm not going to pay till Thursday morning, after conforming delivery with our DS.
We were not going to trade anything, so the other two things do not apply to us.
It looks like everyone here is a model S buyer, any model X 100D people in this group who are expecting a delivery soon or whose car is waiting at the delivery center?

X 100D ordered. VIN assigned, just checked tonight, still waiting on production. Scheduled for end of March/Early April.

To answer question: No.

At the same time I wrote that the person only worked 15 minutes a day. While that may be somewhat accurate, don't you see the sarcasm that others apparently don't? Come on man...really? I had to put 5 people on ignore because they were embodying Ned Flanders...have none of you people ever dealt with the government directly and walked away with a healthy distaste for what you encountered? Every encounter I have (daily mind you) is how do a fit this square peg into their round hole. Government is designed to get in the way of business...that has unfortunately become their only goal. They don't even understand why they exist.
I have and do regularly deal with the government. I generally find the individual employees to be dedicated and committed to their jobs. The organizations themselves are more of a mixed bag, and a perfect example of good people with good intentions managing to come up with a poor result.

If you ever want to think of the government as quick and efficient, try working with Comcast on anything. You'll wish for a trip to the county permit office instead.

At the same time I wrote that the person only worked 15 minutes a day. While that may be somewhat accurate, don't you see the sarcasm that others apparently don't? Come on man...really? I had to put 5 people on ignore because they were embodying Ned Flanders...have none of you people ever dealt with the government directly and walked away with a healthy distaste for what you encountered? Every encounter I have (daily mind you) is how do a fit this square peg into their round hole. Government is designed to get in the way of business...that has unfortunately become their only goal. They don't even understand why they exist.

This is what the EPA did to the air of Los Angeles:
Smog_LA.jpg

More pictures of what the US looked like before the EPA;
This is what America looked like before the EPA cleaned it up

And this is what happens when regulatory agencies get their budgets slashed to a point where the regulators can't do their jobs anymore:
DeepWaterHorizon.jpg

That fire happened because the government agency that was tasked with inspecting oil facilities had its budget cut and most of the oil companies self regulated because they knew a major incident would be a public relations nightmare. But it only took one oil company, in this case BP, to cut corners because nobody was looking and they finally ran out of luck.

People who self regulate chafe at the rules because they wouldn't do what the rules are trying to prevent, but with no rules, all it takes is one to not self regulate to lead to a disaster. Philosophically I like some libertarian ideals and I think in some areas, it can work quite well, but economic libertarianism doesn't work in the long run because somebody is going to start cutting corners because nobody is there to stop them.

Sometimes some area a regulation covers, or some way it's applied doesn't make sense or makes for silliness. Rather than say all regulations are bad because of a few cases where they don't work, it's better to fix the instances where they don't work and move on. On balance, regulations tend to work more than they don't work IMO.

They are a necessary evil of living in a modern society with a lot of complex machines. When the US was founded, the fastest transportation available was a galloping horse that could do about 30 mph and the fastest machine was a sailing ship that could do about 15 knots. The population of the entire world was less than 800 million people. The life expectancy overall was 38, but if you made it to 10, you're life expectancy was around 58.

There were a lot of things that could kill you then, and without regulation, there would be a heck of a lot more capable of killing you today. Machines are bigger, faster, and with more people around, the chances of one of them killing someone if unregulated is high. We also have electricity, much more exotic and potent chemicals (many of which are toxic), and a lot of other things that are dangerous. The percentage of people who have no regard for the safety of others is probably no higher than it was then, but with more at their disposal and a larger population, each one is potentially more dangerous.

In any case, I think the delay of the 100D testing might not be anything nefarious on the part of the current administration, but it may be a side effect. Some government agencies have been thrown into chaos due to new heads combined with mass firings of a lot of management. They can't fire the civil servants, but many upper management positions are filled by presidential appointees. In a normal administration, even the GW Bush administration, the last administration's people are usually held over until the position can be filled with a new appointee, but this administration hasn't taken that route and it has left a wake of chaos. I don't know exactly what happened in the EPA, but that is one agency this administration has said it wants to cripple.

Things may be so chaotic the civil servants are too busy worrying what's going to happen next to do their jobs. I saw it happen in a company I worked for when rumors started about mass layoffs. People spent a lot of time talking about the future and less time working.

So if someone is paying cash or getting loan outside Tesla, when is payment due?

Paying cash: before you pickup the car
loan/lease: After the loan has funded your car, based on the terms of your loan/lease

We have people that had funded their car at least a month before they took delivery so they were making payments on the car before they got it.

• Informative
Reactions: Sonny Daze
I ordered a 100D (Model X) on 1/20 -- it was actually a change order from a 90D that I'd ordered on 12/8 or thereabouts. Yesterday I received a Your Vehicle has Started Production email. Today I received a Your Vehicle has Completed Production email, with a delivery window of 3/21 to 4/4.

I traded in a 90D (AP1) in early January, and will be paying the balance when I pick up the 100D -- not before. The lack of information on when the 100Ds will be released to buyers is a little frustrating, and I'm hoping that gets resolved soon...

Reactions: TE5LAZ24
Per post #75 by brandonsinger: 100D Buyers/Owners

I wanted to report back some great news on this. I got an email from an EPA. It stated the following:
Thank you for your question about the availability of 2017 Tesla Model X 100D vehicles at Tesla dealerships.
EPA issued a certificate of conformance for emission certification of 2017 Tesla Model X 100D vehicles on Friday (March 10, 2017). For EPA fuel economy (window sticker) requirements, EPA decided not to perform confirmatory testing of a Model X 100D test vehicle at EPA's Ann Arbor testing laboratory---which will allow the Tesla factory engineers use the fuel economy values, energy consumption values, range values, etc on the FE Label (window sticker) which were derived from Tesla's manufacturer testing.
I contacted Tesla engineers last week (in response to another customer's email questions) and at that time, Tesla indicated that they intended to allow their dealers to deliver both 2017 Model S 100D and Model X 100D vehicles to customers on Monday 3/13/2017 (today).
In summary, the timing of the delivery of your vehicle is now in the hands of Tesla engineers (and is not being held up by EPA).
Best regards,
Dave Good, Engineer
U.S. EPA

Per post #75 by brandonsinger: 100D Buyers/Owners

I wanted to report back some great news on this. I got an email from an EPA. It stated the following:
Thank you for your question about the availability of 2017 Tesla Model X 100D vehicles at Tesla dealerships.
EPA issued a certificate of conformance for emission certification of 2017 Tesla Model X 100D vehicles on Friday (March 10, 2017). For EPA fuel economy (window sticker) requirements, EPA decided not to perform confirmatory testing of a Model X 100D test vehicle at EPA's Ann Arbor testing laboratory---which will allow the Tesla factory engineers use the fuel economy values, energy consumption values, range values, etc on the FE Label (window sticker) which were derived from Tesla's manufacturer testing.
I contacted Tesla engineers last week (in response to another customer's email questions) and at that time, Tesla indicated that they intended to allow their dealers to deliver both 2017 Model S 100D and Model X 100D vehicles to customers on Monday 3/13/2017 (today).
In summary, the timing of the delivery of your vehicle is now in the hands of Tesla engineers (and is not being held up by EPA).
Best regards,
Dave Good, Engineer
U.S. EPA

Fantastic work!

Reactions: Discoducky