Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any CA people heard of an extra delay specific to CA up to Mar 29? My wait hasn't been nearly as bad as bob_p (congrats finally!), but it's frustrating having a car just sitting at the delivery center and unable to get it especially now that the EPA hold has been lifted everywhere else. Here is my DS's email:
"Even though you may have read 100D's are being released across the country, the approval has not yet finalized for California. We do have to wait for that. The estimated timing for the 29th still holds."

Congrats bob_p! It looks like things are moving along finally. My 'My Tesla' page updated overnight to read 'in production' and a date range of 3/22 to 4/5. I have a hard time believing that I will see a delivery in DC as soon as a week from today but that wouldn't suck!

Two disappointments, after having the car sitting at the Service Center for 3 weeks, held hostage for the EPA certification:
  • Software is still on 17.7.2 - and wasn't updated to the most recent firmware, surprising since the Service Centers typically do that for any cars brought in for service. So we're stuck with the older version of AP, with the lower speed restrictions. And that version really isn't ready for prime time yet, because the lane detection changes rapidly, causing the car to constantly move back and forth in lanes - something that can be fixed by having the software do the averaging human drivers do before adjusting steering.

• While I had done a pretty thorough inspection of the car two weekends ago, I missed checking the passenger seat controls - and found the lumbar support isn't operating - hopefully as simple as a connector issue
Otherwise, the car is great! And looking forward to our first road trip this weekend - a 175 mile one way trip that requires a supercharger stop in our S P85, but likely can make it all of the way without any stop for charging! 307 miles of rated range at 90%!!!

Any CA people heard of an extra delay specific to CA up to Mar 29? My wait hasn't been nearly as bad as bob_p (congrats finally!), but it's frustrating having a car just sitting at the delivery center and unable to get it especially now that the EPA hold has been lifted everywhere else. Here is my DS's email:
"Even though you may have read 100D's are being released across the country, the approval has not yet finalized for California. We do have to wait for that. The estimated timing for the 29th still holds."

Interesting. My pickup date is the 29th and my DS told me it was simply due to a backlog of cars being picked up and that was the first available date. Why can't they just be honest about these sorts of things?

Our S 100D is ...

wait for it ...

in our garage!

I can confirm - the delivery hold has been released - at least in Texas, and it appears we were the first 100D delivered in Texas.

Great to see the car sitting at 90% charge - with 307 MILES!!!

AP 2 software needs work - more entertaining than useful at this point - but a big improvement over what I had in our 2012 S P85 - which didn't have any TACC or AP!

For those 100D customers in states that still have the delivery hold, I can empathize with your continuing hostage crisis...

Sweet! Mine is due late next week.

I am disappointed in the carpet mats. The quality is about what Tesla had with the factory mats 4 years ago, except then Tesla offered upgraded carpet mats in their online store. Now, all they offer is the rubber mats - and no carpet mat for the rear trunk area.

At least for now, I've moved the rear trunk mat from our S P85 - and we'll use that in the 100D. And I'll keep researching carpet mat options - and may purchase a set of upgraded black carpet mats for the front/rear seats and the rear trunk. The new frunk is so much smaller, that it's not worth covering, neither it the rear storage well.

go for:

Tesla Model S 2.0 Floor Mat Set - 2016 Facelift - TSportline.com - Tesla Model S & Model X Accessories

or:

Luxe Mats for Tesla Model S

Two disappointments, after having the car sitting at the Service Center for 3 weeks, held hostage for the EPA certification:
  • Software is still on 17.7.2 - and wasn't updated to the most recent firmware, surprising since the Service Centers typically do that for any cars brought in for service. So we're stuck with the older version of AP, with the lower speed restrictions. And that version really isn't ready for prime time yet, because the lane detection changes rapidly, causing the car to constantly move back and forth in lanes - something that can be fixed by having the software do the averaging human drivers do before adjusting steering.

• While I had done a pretty thorough inspection of the car two weekends ago, I missed checking the passenger seat controls - and found the lumbar support isn't operating - hopefully as simple as a connector issue
Otherwise, the car is great! And looking forward to our first road trip this weekend - a 175 mile one way trip that requires a supercharger stop in our S P85, but likely can make it all of the way without any stop for charging! 307 miles of rated range at 90%!!!
Why would you need to stop for charging for 175 mile trip in you P85?

Our 90% charge last night was 309.

Before Tesla posted their estimated S 100D range - I had projected the range would be 343 - not the 335 Tesla posted when the S 100D was announced. I came up with that number because S90D gets 9% more range than an SP100D - and if the S100D gets 9% more range than the SP100D, the 100% range would be 343 - which could be what we have.

I'm not planning to take the car above 90%, at least for now - while it shouldn't harm the battery pack, we don't need that much range, and I'll let someone else fully charger their car...

About the firmware - 17.7.2 is the "official" release for AP 2 cars (at least as of yesterday). The Service Center claims they can't upgrade beyond that - and there has never been any way for owners to request or force software updates in their Tesla cars - so I'm back in the same mode I've been in with our S P85 - when I get up in the morning, I check to see if there's a software update - so I can apply it before leaving the house.

AP 2 with 17.7.2 is not ready for prime time. Autosteer only works up to 35 MPH, and because the lane detection isn't smooth, the car moves side-to-side in the lane - at this time, it's really only good for a demo - not for real use. TACC is better, but it doesn't anticipate the need to slow down, so it has a tendency to do more hard braking than what we'd do with one pedal driving using regen. So I'm more likely to use TACC at highway speeds with light to moderate traffic - and if I do use TACC on surface streets, I'll manually disengage before intersections.

Other than the passenger lumbar not working (which will be checked today at the Service Center), the rest of the car is perfect, and feels to have comparable acceleration to our S P85 (which was also 0-60 in 4.2 seconds).

UMmm....are those Tsportline mats lined in gold and delivered by a 5 star Mustang Ranch employee? Holy moly are those expensive. I mean they are floor mats.....meant for your dirty feet. Do I need more pile than a dead bears carcass to make a claim on quality?

You ain't kidding, man. Not to mention that we get to pay through the nose for the delight of having their logo emblazoned across the mats more conspicuously than a NASCAR driver's arse. I'll pass.

Now, we just need WeatherTech to work up some front mats for the MS, and we'll be in great shape. Those are excellent quality for far, far less money.