Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Anyone Successfully Signed in to YouTube?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I try to sign into my YouTube account, there is a message that the browser is not secure. This then doens't allow the sign in and I'm back to a page full of European vids in different languages due to the international SIM.

I'd rather sign into the account and get my preferenes back, especially for the kids when we're all stationary and taking a driving break. Has anyone managed to get into their YouTube account so far please, and how did you do it if you saw these error messages too?

Thanks!

I had this problem. Fixed it by signing in to YouTube via the [hopefully someone will post the name of the UK oriented Tesla Theatre page that a user on here created as I can’t remember what’s it’s called, I will repost when I’ve checked in the car later.]
Anyway, after signing in via that route I found that the official Tesla YouTube app had me signed in.

I had this problem. Fixed it by signing in to YouTube via the [hopefully someone will post the name of the UK oriented Tesla Theatre page that a user on here created as I can’t remember what’s it’s called, I will repost when I’ve checked in the car later.]
Anyway, after signing in via that route I found that the official Tesla YouTube app had me signed in.
Go to Plex.tv and use the Google login.
It doesn't actually have to match an account on plex.
You can then close the browser and YouTube will have you logged in.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Bwettt and Dre78
Done it but it wont load youtube unless i use mobile hotspot from my phone. I can watch netflix using the car network but when i click on youtube, it says no internet. Only works when i hotspot from my mobile. It worked previously prior to update. Anyone encountering this as well?

Y
Done it but it wont load youtube unless i use mobile hotspot from my phone. I can watch netflix using the car network but when i click on youtube, it says no internet. Only works when i hotspot from my mobile. It worked previously prior to update. Anyone encountering this as well?

Your trial of premium connectivity has expired. For some reason it only impacts YouTube. I had the same issue...
Premium Connectivity SR+