Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have we already got Beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
I found out from my ISP when asking why my monthly data allowance was almost used up that an unusually large download occurred earlier this month.
I wonder if the Beta FSD has been installed quietly, awaiting another update which would activate the “button” and allow access?

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
Nothing to significant for my two Tesla from a download and upload perspective for the month of April.

4D0F47F3-144F-4DF3-8A2F-147983B4F900.jpeg
451A97E1-EACD-480B-AA7F-27D1AF23AC75.jpeg

Yeah, the largest thing the car downloads, by far, is map updates. They’re also usually only 4-6 gigs, which shouldn’t be a noteworthy event for any ISP data cap.
It was only thought - my ISP said that a couple of days' downloads were around 14 - 15 Gb which is way above my usual.
Map updates: my maps are at least 3 years outdated - I think that's Google not the car. Can I tell when the car's map was updated?

Hi @Wol747 ,

You cannot tell when the maps were updated, but you are able to tell current level of the maps.
It's on the software panel directly underneath the current software level of the car...
Map-Release.jpg

In my car 2018 Model X in USA the current level is NA-2020-48-12648
I am decoding that to mean that the maps are for North America, released the 48th week of 2020.
I think you are in Australia so yours would be different but a 2020 year would be good...

Shawn