Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you lost faith in Tesla?

Have you lost faith in Tesla?

• No

Votes: 295 59.5%
  • Nearly

Votes: 94 19.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 107 21.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had one as well.
The A pillars had probably rusted through at the base so that the whole screen was moving with the wipers 😁
Given the Lucas wiring system its a miracle they moved at all
  • The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
  • Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.
  • Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
  • Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
  • The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off.
  • The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.
  • >Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices
  • Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.
A fellow trunnion-oiler!

Sills. Once had to have them welded. Local spanner man said, "Don't mean to alarm you, but your sills caught fire." A mouse had built a lovely newspaper nest in there.

Not long after I got it, I tried to take the hood down while doing 60 mph. Popped the handles and the moment I tried to fold it, the hood ballooned like a sail with me holding onto it and nearly sent me over the bootlid. Thank good for those marvellous new-fangled seatbelts.

But the piece de resistance. A lovely dose of carbon monoxide, that nearly saw me have a trip to a hyperbaric chamber by helicopter. Ahhh, twin SUs, waxstat jets and a 4.5% CO tolerance!

A fellow trunnion-oiler!

Sills. Once had to have them welded. Local spanner man said, "Don't mean to alarm you, but your sills caught fire." A mouse had built a lovely newspaper nest in there.
Mine was fine once I'd replaced the front valance, outer front wings, inner front wings, scuttle panel, outer sills, inner sills, sill reinforcements, floor pans, door skins, inner rear wings, outer rear wings, boot floor and the rear valance.

Reactions: CWT3LR
When I first got the car 1 month and 7 days ago the wipers were completely useless on auto. Literally used to wipe every time I went under a street light. Now they're actually pretty good with a few weird edge cases. Extrapolating from here, I expect them to be perfect by March and to be solving problems I didn't know I had by summer.

(new owner optimism)

You forgot to count the number of hours and minutes. I’ll let you tuck the car into bed now 🤓🥰

• Funny
Reactions: CWT3LR and Mullermn
Kinda reluctant to put this on the MYP Waiting Room thread as those folks are already upset enough with the price drops: Tesla clandestinely downgrades performance brakes, adds cover to hide it
Front brakes are always going to have to work harder due to physics so having the same brakes on Front and Rear does not make sense. By the time the rears are struggling the fronts will be long cooked so having smaller brakes on the rear actually makes sense. The question really is why they didn't do this from the start. Seems like the most sensible of their cost cutting measures to date TBH.

Reactions: boombap
Seems like the most sensible of their cost cutting measures to date TBH.

I think them doing it on the quiet is a bit off, but the headline is certainly putting a lot of spin on the situation. I guess I'm now at the stage where I read exaggerated headlines like that and wouldn't be surprised if they were true.

I'm probably not adding much to the conversation other than negativity, so I should probably stop.

Reactions: ACarneiro
Front brakes are always going to have to work harder due to physics so having the same brakes on Front and Rear does not make sense. By the time the rears are struggling the fronts will be long cooked so having smaller brakes on the rear actually makes sense. The question really is why they didn't do this from the start. Seems like the most sensible of their cost cutting measures to date TBH.
The rears were always smaller, for the reason you have stated. However they have now made them even smaller, by switching OEM, and covered up doing so.

The rears were always smaller, for the reason you have stated. However they have now made them even smaller, by switching OEM, and covered up doing so.
Don't manufacturers do this all the time? change parts. Some use multiple different parts interchangeably at the same time.
When I used to do my own brake work it was often not enough to know the make model and year of a car you had to specify the brand of calliper since they seem to vary by batch of car and the only way to tell what you had was to go look!
What were people expecting? its not like Tesla were going to put out a press release?
I appreciate that they quite litterally covered them up but surely that was done for aesthetics? people were always going to find out. I don't think the cover was an attempted cover up? Tesla can't be that dumb surely to think that would work?
It may even be that the new rears warm up more quickly and are therefore better for day to day driving?
If someone tests old and new side by side and the braking performance has actually been degraded with the new ones either in stopping power or fade without any benefits then I think that is a story and Tesla may then deserve some flack but until then.....

Kinda reluctant to put this on the MYP Waiting Room thread as those folks are already upset enough with the price drops: Tesla clandestinely downgrades performance brakes, adds cover to hide it
Clandestine? Man the clickbait hyperbole is off the scale.

The switch from Brembo to Mando brakes was widely covered back in August, literally nobody noticed any difference in braking performance and until some dude removed a wheel and started making baseless accusations on Twitter a couple weeks ago, nobody cared. Given stopping distances haven’t changed there’s no issue here.

• Informative
Reactions: DeejUK
Clandestine? Man the clickbait hyperbole is off the scale.

The switch from Brembo to Mando brakes was widely covered back in August, literally nobody noticed any difference in braking performance and until some dude removed a wheel and started making baseless accusations on Twitter a couple weeks ago, nobody cared. Given stopping distances haven’t changed there’s no issue here.
I’d ask if you were new here if I didn’t recognise your handle. Hysterical hyperbole and ‘Elon kicked my dog’ level conspiracy theorising is at least 30% of the traffic on here.

Wilfully uninformed ‘if I can’t think of a solution off the top of my head then clearly it’s impossible’ keyboard vomit is about another 30%, and then we have 10% questions, another 10% which are duplicates of those questions but the poster couldn’t be arsed to search before posting, and finally about 20% useful information and insight.

• Funny
Reactions: GRiLLA and boombap
Sorry if this had been posted here:

So, it seems they can’t get the heatpump to work properly and claim part shortage to remove it! LOL!😂
This is old news announced more than three weeks ago. Perhaps you’re a little behind in the US.

Where is your evidence that it isn’t due to semi conductor shortage, apart from watching some random bloke on YouTube, the source of all authentic knowledge? At least Audi are compensating customers for the loss.

Problem for Tesla.

SEC toothless and supine so let Musk get away with securities fraud. This appears to be the start of a process potentially resulting in restitution for misselling a product. Consumer class action law suit will be easy peasy if Tesla fined for nondelivery of a product, or selling a dangerous product. Possibly even result in them having to switch off AP and FSD until it delivers on the company's claims the car drives itself, or at least delivers safety to Justice Department's satisfaction.

This is old news announced more than three weeks ago. Perhaps you’re a little behind in the US.

Where is your evidence that it isn’t due to semi conductor shortage, apart from watching some random bloke on YouTube, the source of all authentic knowledge? At least Audi are compensating customers for the loss.
Munro and associates are not some random bloke, they have a very successful business based on their expertise in car manufacturing, maybe you should try watching some of their videos.

I think a possible bigger concern, now that residuals have been hammered by price cuts, is that customers not only want refunded for the FSD that hadn't been delivered, but also wanting a refund for the car itself.

'I bought this car to be a robotaxi and earn money, and it doesn't work' is a legitimate case for a refund.

No more Tesla if that happened. It would finish them as a company.

Reactions: Pants and CWT3LR
I think a possible bigger concern, now that residuals have been hammered by price cuts, is that customers not only want refunded for the FSD that hadn't been delivered, but also wanting a refund for the car itself.

'I bought this car to be a robotaxi and earn money, and it doesn't work' is a legitimate case for a refund.

No more Tesla if that happened. It would finish them as a company.
I suspect Elon Musk knew this was coming some time ago, hence his desire to diversify into right wing propaganda peddling and attempting to broker peace in Eatern Europe. Vision only has likely reached its zenith, and there are mi,lions of cars that need a retrofit, or Musk has to tell the world he is wrong. The former will bankrupt the company, the latter will never happen.

Reactions: 2020M3SR