Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Service Center experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a long day of Cars & coffee and running errands I found myself in Kapolei low on charge. I decided to stop and grab a quick charge at the Service center so I wouldn't be searching for and sitting at a public charger for 5-6 hours. (20 Miles/hour charge) after all I had my dual chargers to charge up to 60 Miles/hour with the 50 AMP service. after having my car two years it was time to use what I paid for. nope. as the Miles/hour ramped up they hit 30 and stayed there. What? that is the max for a single charger, but I have dual chargers. So instead of being there 1-1/2 hours I was there for 3. At least it is better than 5.

One more thing to have checked for my second annual maintenance checkup.

by low charge, do you mean you went below 125 miles left? :tongue:

I think the WPC at the SC is only 50 amp. That explains why you were only getting 40 amps. I doubt there's anything wrong with your car.
I double checked by plugging in at a public charging station and dialing the amps down to 24. (1/2 of the 48 Amps I was getting.) and it was charging at about 15. so if you were to double that you would get 30 miles/hour of charge. seems like it should be more than that.

I guess the only thing wrong with my car is that it is rotisserie chicken red.:biggrin: Oh, that's not MY car.

Last edited:
another thumbs up for the service center here in Hawaii. I needed the passenger side window replaced and the car tinted. Jimmy sent a loaner to myt office and picked up my car. Hopefully they will be done by today. But I got to drive this till then! Super fun, was suprosed at how rough and loud it was. My kids sat in it and they looked like they were on a disney ride!
IMG_3460.jpg

I double checked by plugging in at a public charging station and dialing the amps down to 24. (1/2 of the 48 Amps I was getting.) and it was charging at about 15. so if you were to double that you would get 30 miles/hour of charge. seems like it should be more than that.

I guess the only thing wrong with my car is that it is rotisserie chicken red.:biggrin: Oh, that's not MY car.

I am absolutely sure this is what you meant to say "... the only thing wrong with my car is that it isn't red.:biggrin: ".

But then, some of us can't be perfect.

another thumbs up for the service center here in Hawaii. I needed the passenger side window replaced and the car tinted. Jimmy sent a loaner to myt office and picked up my car. Hopefully they will be done by today. But I got to drive this till then! Super fun, was suprosed at how rough and loud it was. My kids sat in it and they looked like they were on a disney ride!View attachment 70723

I am heading out there this afternoon to have my front two tires replaced and to have some detailing down. Maybe I will be able to see your MS there. I'll ask Jimmy.

I love having the roadster as a loaner...but only if you don't have to haul stuff around or go up a somewhat steep driveway...lol..it also reminds me of how far Tesla has come with the MS :)

Yes, totally agree, I was amazed on the difference in finishes of the s and the roadster. The MS has come a long long way. Very excited to see where tesla is in 5-6 years!

As usual, my experience at the SC was great. They gave me a silver 85 with the new Tech package. I love the folding mirrors and the parking sensors. It is interesting to see the lane departure warning and the adaptive cruise control. Just for fun, my wife and I took a drive out to Pearl City to go to Home Depot and we talked about the features going out there.

I did get to sit in the P85D that was in the showroom. It just came back from Maui so it wasn't available for a test drive. I am excited to see what Tesla comes out with next.

I was out at the Service Center today just before lunch. They were preparing for a celebration barbeque for themselves.

Honolulu Tesla Service Center won a Tesla award for Sales Delivery Customer Service for 2014

Congratulations Team Tesla Honolulu !

(But no surprise to those of us that have been visiting them for the last two years.)

I was out at the Service Center today just before lunch. They were preparing for a celebration barbeque for themselves.

Honolulu Tesla Service Center won a Tesla award for Sales Delivery Customer Service for 2014

Congratulations Team Tesla Honolulu !

(But no surprise to those of us that have been visiting them for the last two years.)

NICE!! Well deserved :)

Just talked to Susan. Friday is her last day in Hawaii. She'll still be with Tesla but moving back to Texas to be with her husband. She told the new guy all about our little club and how we are the original ambassadors for Tesla here :)