Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HDMI interface to the touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it would be a wiser idea to use a high power FM transmitter rather than bluetooth as bluetooth has a delay which is different every time you connect to it... you can't predict the delay... also you lose the ability to connect your phone

A high power FM transmitter would eliminate the lag as well as the issue not being able to connect your phone

and I mean high power because cheap ebay FM transmitters do not output enough power thus the low quality and static

I think it would be a wiser idea to use a high power FM transmitter rather than bluetooth as bluetooth has a delay which is different every time you connect to it... you can't predict the delay... also you lose the ability to connect your phone

A high power FM transmitter would eliminate the lag as well as the issue not being able to connect your phone

and I mean high power because cheap ebay FM transmitters do not output enough power thus the low quality and static

Yes, this would be cool. I hate to switch between bluetooth devices while using both iPad and iPhone in the car...

The Model S’s FM also has a lag. My Christmas lights that I put up has an FM channel to tune to, and I always notice it looks out of sync on the Model S.

Reactions: JohnnyG
did another field test today. Played YouTube song with the audio sync-ed with Bluetooth, found delay in aux transmission ~100ms.

The MHL is not function, might be the hardware issue, need to figure out

TMC_reply.jpg