Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HDMI interface to the touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lack of any public drivers for it, and Infineon being… less than helpful to date.
Reach out to UPDD and see if they have anything. I understand the pain, I spent all of last weekend trying to resurrect the touch function of an ancient HP Touchsmart for the kids.. still no luck -but UPDD were the only peeps to have drivers of friggin every VID/PID imaginable. Infineon wouldn't have invented a new protocol for Tesla, it'd be something off the shelf with a small tweak, so find the closest PID and try it.

Reactions: appleguru
That’s my tech ;-)

Oh wow, please, some way of purchasing! :)

also, not in any rush. I have a warranty to run out first ;-)

1688360731596.png

Reactions: m5james
I sent an email Friday morning to the makers of the Model PD. I asked them if they sell the display switcher by itself. I hope to hear from them on Monday.

Got a reply today....

"This is a little more complicated than a video switcher. It’s a unique display with other hardware and not a stock display that you would find in other Tesla models. These feature is only available on Model PD vehicles. It’s not available as an aftermarket option for other Tesla models."

Got a reply today....

"This is a little more complicated than a video switcher. It’s a unique display with other hardware and not a stock display that you would find in other Tesla models. These feature is only available on Model PD vehicles. It’s not available as an aftermarket option for other Tesla models."
Go make one for Normal 3/Y/S/X then. @appleguru

Reactions: appleguru
Oh wow, please, some way of purchasing! :)

also, not in any rush. I have a warranty to run out first ;-)

View attachment 952826

Here’s a link to the product/ordering page…

(Full disclosure: this is *not* something I will likely have in a shippable form any time soon, but if you want to encourage me to get back to working on it feel free to put a pre-order in 😂)

Here’s a link to the product/ordering page…

(Full disclosure: this is *not* something I will likely have in a shippable form any time soon, but if you want to encourage me to get back to working on it feel free to put a pre-order in 😂)
No S and X, even MCU1 love :/ I've been wanting to be able to take over the stock screen for a while now.

I ran an AVIN screen in my X5M that fully replaced the stock screen with something larger and had Android built it...still runs stock iDrive but touch the screen or hold the MENU button and it reverts over to Android. That'd be a pipedream for the Tesla due to it's screen size and all, taking over the rearview only camera is a start, but having the option to take over the whole screen would be great since I only need the factory side for random moments here and there vs being able to have Waze, YouTube, etc displaying all the time.

No S and X, even MCU1 love :/ I've been wanting to be able to take over the stock screen for a while now.
Sorry the closest is the HDMI taking over the rear view window, which imo is a great integration because you still need the rest of the screen for car controls like HVAC/air suspension/Bluetooth calls etc within easy and quick reach especially whilst you're driving.

Reactions: gt2690b
What's the difference between the BeatSonic box and this one? They look like the exact same hardware.

Same stuff

I have a hw3 fsd cpu with mcu1. The interface seems to make my screen reboot alot. It’s also messing with my rear view cam. It’s kinda dangerous because I can’t see when it happens. Don’t know if it’s the hw3 and mcu1 combo because this didn’t happen with my old pre-ap car. It worked just fine. Don’t know what the issue is. I took it out because of that but I do miss using it tho. It works in this car too but it makes the screen roboot a lot when I switch back to regular mode. Anyone have any ideas on this.