TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Headlight indicator always on?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by rpm001, Jun 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rpm001

rpm001 Member

The green headlight indicator is always on in my car. I have a S75D AP2 with 17.22.46. I have headlights set to Auto. But no matter what I change that setting to, I always see that little green headlight indicator on in the top left in the dash. Is this normal? I'm asking in the Canadian forum in case there's something specific related to DRL laws in Canada.

2. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

Do you have by any chance the windshield wipers in intermittent position? Headlights go on if wipers activated, even for a quick wash squirt.

3. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

My understanding is that the Model S doesn't have DRL lights so they have to turn the headlights on. (What they have is "Signature" lights, but maybe they don't meet the Canadian specs necessary to be considered DRLs.)

4. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

Silly question: are your highbeams on? I haven't fiddled with mine yet, but that's what it sounds like to me.

5. rpm001

rpm001 Member

Not high beams. I tried setting it to off and it goes off. It seems like it considers the signature/DRL lights to be "headlights" and thus that indicator is always on. Seems strange.

Can someone else in Ontario confirm their behaviour while in Auto headlight mode during the day?

6. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I suspect that it indicates that the DRLs are on, and since we can't turn them off in Canada, it's always on.

7. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

My AP1 car does not have this problem. With update 17.24.28 they fixed the problem of the headlights turning on when you just touch the button for a single swipe

8. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

They are considered DRL lights in Canada. This is what I have on all the time in day time.

I never had the issue indicated by the OP. Unless I have the wipers ON, the headlights are always off as well as the indicator.

PS. My headlights are always in the Auto position.

• Informative x 1
  9. rpm001

rpm001 Member

Ok thanks. So seems like I have an issue as others are saying that green indicator is not always on for them. I already have an appointment on Tuesday so will have them check that too.

10. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

Just got my X and I'm seeing it as well. I'm actually thinking it might be the fog light indicator, if not the DRL.

11. Safari

Safari Member

I have the green headlight indicator on all of the time as well. Setting defaults to 'auto' when I get in the MS and only turns off when manually adjusted and the car is parked. If you drive off the lights turn on automatically. There doesn't seem to be a difference between DRL and "full' headlights. If your SC can change this please let me know!