Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated windscreen wipers on new models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslascope reporting that new MIC M3 Performance models just being delivered are arriving with heated windscreen wipers.

Hardly a game changer for the UK market but hopefully a nice little upgrade we will see on the MY and M3’s on their way now over from China.

Where is this actually confirmed? Link?

Also would tend to agree that I’ve never had a problem with my wipers being stuck, but I’m preconditioning the car before I leave which is what I assume most people do anyway?

Perhaps it’s good for the washer jets?

Why is China getting all the upgrades first? Seems like more development is happening there than in the US. I hope the US does not get passed up by China but it looks like that may be happening.
Maybe the more advanced production facility in China allows minor changes to be more easily accommodated? If that's the case then once Texas is properly online then it might even itself out.

Or perhaps many of these changes use components from China so easier to start incorporating them at Shanghai from a logistical point of view.

Reactions: Durzel
Even if not a major improvement for the majority of UK weather, at least Tesla are now considering a wider range of global climates.

Having engineering teams also based in Germany and China should help them lots, local experience matters.

Reactions: khyros and Durzel
Following up here to confirm that there is indeed a heated wiper park installed on 2022 LR, which you only find out after updating to the V11 interface (which seems to have been pushed this evening).

nice. Now to fuss about how to activate it. Do we need the defrost option, the precondition, or the windscreen demist? Place your bets now!

While not always that useful in the UK, I’ve had enough times in the early morning where the wipers have frozen overnight to the windscreen to appreciate this small added benefit. Although when its that cold I worry about the frameless door glass - and I’ve had the door handles freeze and not be able to get into my fancy and otherwise defrosted car before :)

Am I missing something obvious? Why wouldn’t the wipers get defrosted by defrosting the screen during preconditioning?

I’d be much more interested in heated door handles, although I’ve not suffered that problem either.

Reactions: HenryT
how can you see that these are installed?
I keep forgetting to snap a picture of it, but it's the icon beside the heated steering wheel in V11.

Here's a picture I found online and can confirm from my own vehicle:
heater-wiper.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Bouba
interesting. there is nothing in mobile app and cannot be arsed to walk to the car to check at the moment - so need to do this tomorrow.

however I wonder if it really works.
It would make sense if they mapped it to the "Defrost Car" button in the app.

There's an article about it here: Tesla Model 3/Y 'Heated Wiper Park' Heats Up to 100F, Shows Test - TeslaNorth.com

Main points: heats to around 37 degrees, and only activates when temp below 10 degrees (even if enabled).